Monday, September 04, 2006


Monday, September 4, 2006

Where do we begin, it has certainly been a while since I have posted but we have been busy. Two weeks ago we were helping Nannie Ro with an antique sale in Stuart, wrapping up swimming lessons, and packing for the beach. We also ended the week with a celebration for Sam's birthday - Happy Belated Birthday Sam!! As you can see in the pictures, Sam's birthday wish was for some silly string and he got it. The chase is of him and his sister - the family bonding time!

Last week we went to the beach all week with Pappy Lee, Mary, Lindsay, and Melissa. Damion, Kara and Aiden also joined us for a few days. It was a great trip and we all had a lot of fun. Landon loved the pool, the calmer water in the channel, the food, and most of all Lindsay and Melissa. Ella loved the sand, the food, and most of all the attention from everyone. We got to eat at some tasty restaurants and had some good cookouts too! Mike even played golf 3 times! I ventured out one day to golf and we ended up waiting for 2 hours in the rain and then getting to play only 9 holes but it was great. It was the 2nd time I had played golf since I was 9 months pregnant with Landon so I was pleased with making 2 pars even thought the rest of my game was UGLY! Ernesto did stop by to visit on Thursday and brought some rain and wind. It may have sent most everyone in the house a little overboard. I think children need a label applied that says "if not aired out each day volume button is not adjustable below severly loud". Pappy Lee and Mary are probably enjoying the peace and quiet of their homes now and may feel vacation was just a blur or just a loud banging in their ears. I will post lots of pictures over the week as there are too many to post today but thanks to Pappy Lee, Mary, Lindsay and Melissa for a great beach week - we look forward to seeing you again soon.

I do have to mention that the long trip back was hard for the kids and I. We were exhausted to say the least and my non-sleeping kids were lively for all but about 20 minutes of the 6.5 hour trip back. On the way down they only slep for about 20 minutes also but the trip was only 4 hours vs 6.5 so I am just sending out a survey to all of you on how you get your kids to sleep in the car??? Please let me know as I am not too concerned but when it's that long of a trip I sure could use a little more shut eye from them. (but isn't Ella just cute with her pouty lips as she snoozes for a few minutes) We stopped once for lunch and once to leave Mike in Raleigh for the NC State vs Appalachain State football game but other than that it was lots of music, movies, and reading. Made for a long day but we were glad to be back home and get Landon ready to celebrate his birthday and start preschool this week. So much to talk about I could be up all night but I am so tired I think I will turn in.

2 comments:

The Turmanators said...

Welcome back! What a whirlwind, but a fun one, it seems. Missed reading your blog so I'm glad you are home.

I have the same problem with kids not sleeping in the car, but (as with all things) it has gotten better as they have gotten older. My only advice is to ride it out and keep taking the trips anyway so they stay accustomed to traveling. Oh, one small suggestion...if they have a special "lovey" they sleep with then take it in the car but don't give it to them until you want them to sleep. It's a good cue.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great but busy trip, glad you are home safe!

Love Ella's sleepy picture!!!