
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
I sit and reminisce of warm sunny days out on the beach. It seems as though it has been pretty cool and cloudy the last week or so
and while I enjoy the cool weather the rain today has made me a little blah. Even the kids seem to want to just sleep and take it easy on the rainy day. We had a friend over this morning but by 12:00 Landon was asking to take a nap. It actually worked out perfectly since I wasn't obviously thinking when I scheduled Landon's 3 year checkup right smack in the middle of both Landon and Ella's afternoon nap and my quiet time at home (quiet due to the kids sleeping but busy for me to get things done). So they both slept early and didn't want to wake when we
needed to go to the doctors. We did make it on time, a little wet but on time. The doctor's first comments as Landon told him about turning 3, about Uncle Jay's party, about his cousins, and about Thomas was that he guessed the communication skills were not to worry about. Landon continued to talk his ear off the entire visit and the
nurses too. They kindly listened to him but did say "I bet he can wear you out sometimes but they are a ball of fun".It's been 4 days since I have taken any pictures, I think that is a record for me. So my pictures this post will wrap up our trip to the beach, I have so many but these were my favorites. I am hoping they will make me sunny inside too. Landon did ask if it would stop raining by tomorrow and I told him I didn't know but we needed
the rain so let's be thankful. Who can guess what he asked - - the common 2/3 year old question - -
WHY? In response I told him that God watered all of our living things and that He also washed off things for us like our car, house, playgrounds and our patio. Landon said "so now our house will be all nice and clean?" - in one way I had to say yes and then thought - can it rain inside too?
1 comment:
We're feeling blah here,too. Your pictures made me long for a good beach day!
Post a Comment