Friday, September 29, 2006


Friday, September 29, 2006

We have made it almost a week for everyone being healthy after colds but BAM, Landon is down with a fever. I was so hopeful that he wasn't sick that I ventured out to play with our friends this morning and fear that I may have contaminated them. He was good this morning and he only felt a little warm so after the thermometer read 99.2 and he said he felt good and wanted to go we headed on out. By 1:00 after being home or an hour and half his cheeks were red and his fever was up. Sorry Christy and Jackie, I hope your beautiful children don't get sick.

Ella is full of energy and busy all of the time. She doesn't seem to mind climbing on anything including her brother. We have had a good week and even spent some time with just Ella and myself yesterday morning while Landon had preschool. I believe her favorite it taking a ride in the "yellow truck" with her brother. Landon gets tired of riding pretty quickly so you can drive by and see me sitting on the rear balancing myself just right to give her a ride in a circle around the driveway. Her personality is really coming out and she is more vocal every day. Mike and I both agree that she can say a lot more and speak clearer but would rather us not understand and keep us guessing and laughing. Also, her hair is growing quickly but has a flyaway texture. I try to put it back and with all of her activity it is down again. Now I know how mom felt when Amy would come across the street all dolled up and I wouldn't even sit still long enough to comb my hair.

A big weekend ahead but may turn out to be not so big. We were going to venture out to the Dixie Classic fair tonight but we won't go now and will lay low and try to keep Landon calm. Tomorrow Mike is headed to the VT game with his buddy who went to GA Tech - at least one of them will come home happy. (GO HOKIES!!) I was going to do a mission project tomorrow but will stay in or only venture into the backyard if Landon is feeling better. Sunday I will be heading to a baby shower for a college friend - love the sweet little baby gifts. I think I could look at baby clothes all day and never get bored.

I hope everyone has a special weekend and that no cooties come your way.

1 comment:

The Turmanators said...

Sorry you have had the crud at your house, too. We (mostly I) have been stricken as well. Gotta love the beginning of the school year!

Want to know more about Ella and the peanut allergies from the previous post. How did you discover she had them? That's a scary thing. Sending you good germ vibes.