
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Since Friday we have been a bit busy. Still recovering from colds we marched through the weekend and even got some things done around the house. Mike stained his condo and the matching playhouse on Saturday and I must say that it looks good. He has enough stain left to do a coat on the playset but ran out of daylight and I probably ran out of patience of having him busy all day. Sunday we headed to the Joyce reunion and of course filled our bellies more than we should have. Landon and Ella enjoyed playing with their 1st, 2nd and 3rd cousins (I never really understood how the whole cousin thing works but that's ok). The picture here is of him giving his cousin Elizabeth a big hug. She pointed out his Thomas shoes so that won him over pretty quickly and he was by her side the rest of the time.
Nannie Ro and Pops were here on and off through the weekend. I believe the highlight for Landon was getting to play Candy Land with Nannie, Pops, Daddy and Gammy over the weekend. They each took their turns battling
the champion for a chance at Candy Castle and greeting King Kandy. Even though we have now acquired about 4 other games he still is all over Candy Land. Now that I think about it, the highlight may have been when Pops took Landon to the "doughnut factory" at 8:00 at night in his pajamas for a sprinkle doughnut. Landon did take a bite of a "hot now" original glazed and wasn't too big on it. That was ok though as I devoured it in less than 2 seconds. Monday Nannie and I took Ella for her allergy testing and I certainly appreciate
the thoughts and prayers as it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. She did test positive for an allergy to peanuts but nothing else (they tested her for wheat, soy, milk, eggs, and dust also). We are now labeling all of her bags with notices about her allergy and attaching an epipen jr. to make sure she is taken care of if she were to accidentally get a good old peanut in her mouth. I still don't understand how this came about since no one in our family is allergic to peanuts. I am just going to stay optomistic that she will be in the 20% of people who outgrow their allergy.A big moment for Landon this morning, he went into his preschool class without crying or even looking back. I couldn't even get his attention to say goodbye. It was a good feeling of course but also that feeling of "he's growing up". However, he brings me back in when I pick him up and as soon as he sees me he shouts "Mommy, I knew you would come back" with the biggest smile and instantly grabbing my hand. Mama's boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment