
Tuesday, September 5, 2006
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE BOY!!
Landon that is!! Today is Landon's birthday and it has been a very busy one. We woke up early, well early for the 3 of us who usually sleep until 7:30 or 8:00 AM all summer, and enjoyed pancakes and bacon. Landon enjoyed blowing candles out again and enjoyed having all of us (including Gammy) sit
down and eat breakfast together. If I was better at mornings I would try to do that everyday but I haven't been the best morning person in a couple of years it seems. Well probably never but I used to get up and get to work at 6:00 AM just to have a head start on things. Anyway - I lost track of my thoughts. Oh yes, Landon's birthday. He was anxious to go and play on his new train table downstairs so after breakfast he went straight downstairs to play while Gammy tried to help me get my act together to get Landon off to his first day of preschool. He was amazingly cooperative and I figured out why. On the way to preschool I told him his teacher's names - his new teachers that is. He was not aware that he would not be going to
the same classroom, same teachers, and same friends as last year. I know, you think I could have given him some advance notice but that usually doesn't work for him as he still is struggling with the concept of time. Luckily Mike was there to help me carry him in along with the goodies I had packed for the class to celebrate Landon's birthday. The departure wasn't exactly smooth but I tried to move quickly and head back to pick up Ella before going to Bible study. I can now announce happily that he had a great first day back. When I picked him up he said he had "very very lots and lots of good fun at preschool". So maybe this year it won't be a couple of weeks of separation issues at preschool but more fun and learning. Tonight we took Landon out for dinner - his favorite - 99 cent kids meal at
Chick-fil-A on family night. He had a big time and we ended up staying for 2 hours as many of our friends were there supporting another friend's business. My guess is that when he turns 13 he won't want a 99 cent kids meal. Each day has been filled with more blessings imaginable, so although it is Landon's birthday it feels like mine as well.Landon also had a birthday party at home yesterday evening full of family and friends. He was so excited over everything that I wish I could have video taped
every minute. The funniest was when Nannie and Pops brought in a trash can and told Landon that it was for him, Landon's response "WOOOOOOOWWWWWW, I LOOOOVE IT!". If I had half of his excitement I could probably clean my house in a jiffy. He did love every gift he received and he got the one thing he had asked for. Whenever anyone asked what he wanted for his birthday his answer was "a real cake" and he got that and even got it with his favorite characters - Thomas the Train and Veggie Tales. Kudos to Aunt Caroline and her cake making skizzles.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday to Landon! I once read that Kathie Lee Gifford sends her mother flowers on her (Kathie's) birthday as a thank-you for birthing/raising her. Kathie Lee Gifford makes me want to retch and that little gem always made me extra nauseous...until I had children. NOW I get it; I know what you mean about their birthday feeling like your own celebration as well. So, congratulations on three great years as a Mom.
Uuh. My Mutha has da' best cake makin' skizzles. Fo' sho'.
Glad Landon had a good birthday.
Thanks for inviting the boys, they had a great time. Ben would have stayed.
Happy Birthday Landon!!!!!
Happy Belated Birthday to Landon! Sorry I missed the big party, it sounds like he had a great time. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment