Hello all! Thank you for your prayers! It is Wednesday morning, and Emmy is still sleeping. She had a great day yesterday. She woke up a little shy but quickly opened up to BOTH of us!!! It was delightful to see her playing so tenderly with Mike! After breakfast where she ate a ton of watermelon along with some congee and fried rice, we were able to video chat with Landon, Ella, and Eli for the first time for Emmy to see them live!!!She was a little shy but would look at them and point and smile a bit. And even more so it was good for Mike and me as we are missing them SOOOOO much!
After the call, we played for a while and then took a walk to the local store that has a lot of everything. It was a bit over stimulating to try to take I all in -- their food, not being able to read any of it, finding our way around the store, and even trying to buy anything. We bought a little book for Emmy and a few hair bows, but it was very confusing to try to understand what to pay and where to pay. On the way back, we stopped by this little booth that our guide told us sold Chinese hamburgers. They were really cheap and not anything like ours. It was almost like pita bread but not exactly, and they put a mixture of chopped meat and onions in there. Emmy enjoyed it, and it was enough for Mike and me. Thankfully it was easy. I think it was $2.50 for 3 of them.
I woke up with another headache but had taken children's ibuprofen and was doing ok until after lunch. I laid down beside Emmy's crib but couldn't sleep because my head was hurting so bad. I took more ibuprofen, but it didn't help. Once Emmy was up from her nap, she was immediately playful again. Mike did most of the playing as I was struggling to function. A friend brought us an Aleve but it didn't help any. I took another medicine thinking it may be my sinuses, but that didn't help.
For dinner we made it down to the hotel's restaurant. Emmy shared a meal with our friend's daughter -- dumplings that were filled with pork and vegetables in a big bowl of broth. She ate 8 whole dumplings and then a bit of my bread. This little one can put some food away! It was also sweet because she even smiled at our friends and seemed to look around more. She also has been pointing to lots of things today. When she talks she whispers mostly, but she did say "Uh-oh" and "Juice" today. When she was on the phone with everyone at home, she said something that sounded like "Ella."
I couldn't really eat as my headache was turning into a migraine. I made it upstairs to take some Tylenol pm and got into bed. It has been a long time since I have had a migraine, and I hope it will be a long time before I have another one. However, I am so very thankful for Mike and Emmy's playtime together. She enjoyed unpacking my suitcase and taking it all to Mike. They played puzzles and iPad and so much more. When he put her to bed, she cried a bit but only because she wanted to keep playing! Sweet time!
Today we have a trip to see the terra cotta warriors. That should make for a busy day! Please pray for Emmy to have a good day with the bus ride and traveling around, for my head to not hurt, for Mike as he seems like he is a little more congested than usual, and for both of us as we miss Landon, Ella, Eli, and all of our family and friends so very much!
Love to you all!
6 comments:
Praying now for your headaches. Thankful sweet Emmy (love that!) is connecting and full of trust and love. We miss you and are incredibly grateful for these updates. It helps to know just how to pray. You CAN do all things through Christ. I love you Brooklet :) Sal
I , too, will be praying for health for you all 3. So sorry about the headaches....yuck.
Love seeing the videos .
Keep feeding us updates because as the previous poster said it really does help us know how to pray.
Christy
Brooke
We are here and praying hard for you. Thankful for answered prayers and for special daddy daughter bonding. Prayers for your headache to ease. Strong prayers for these last days to fly by and you get ALL of your kids together. Even though your friends are far by miles, we're really not far at all. We love you!!
Michelle
Love you all and prayers for everyone's health!!
The Terra Cotta Warriors are very neat...very crowded but very neat!
Love reading how your days are going!! Ya Ya looks so happy!
Love ya'll, Andria
Praying HARD about the headaches. I know how debilating they can be. Maybe the "stress" is catching up with you so...routine will help.
Post a Comment