I slept well until about 5am. Thankfully Emery is still sleeping well. Mike, however, can't seem to sleep past 2 or 3 each night. I briefly woke several times to see a doting father checking on his new daughter to make sure she wasn't uncovered, wasn't too close to the crib rails, and mainly to just see this precious child that God has made him the father of. I stare through the crib rails at a little girl who is quietly sucking her thumb and think about how she is totally dependent on us, how she is trusting us to provide her every need, and how incredibly strange we must seem to her. However, she doesn't seem to be unhappy and scared and seems to trust in our care some already. How often do I fail to trust in the care of my Heavenly Father even after knowing Him for most of my life? He has provided my every need. I pray that Emery can feel her true Father's love and care through us.
My prayer request for this upcoming busy day is for Emery to continue to grow in her comfort with both Mike and I as we try to find the foods she likes and to communicate with her. They told us that due to the dry, dry weather that we really need to make sure that our children drink enough, and as of bedtime last night, Emery had no tinkles. Pray for her to drink enough today that she is well hydrated! Also prayers for in the meetings today where we will see some of the orphanage workers - that she will not be upset and scared. Please pray for the nannies and the director as well as I am sure their emotions are very difficult in loving these children but knowing the need to let them go. Pray for Mike and I to know what to say and do at the right time and that the paperwork is quick. I know in my head that God will continue to sustain us through these days in China. Let me trust it in my heart and soul!
We love you all!

6 comments:
With tears rolling down my cheeks as I read your posts, my heart is so full of thanksgiving! I am so happy for you and for sweet Emery! I can't tell you what these posts mean to me. Thank you!
Love you all!! M'Lisa
We are in love with those cheeks and that giggle. You guys are connecting so WELL and so early. What a gift!
The Davis'
So so happy for you guys! She is precious!! Praying for your all.
Dawn Richardson
So very glad to know that sweet Emery is with her forever family!! Also excited to know that 3 other Baoji babies are also with their families this week!! God is oh so very good!!!!!
God bless you on the rest of your journey - know that the whole Baoji mission team is praying for you guys!!
Oh, that giggle!!! She made the us and the boys laugh. Can't wait to finally meet her and share all of our love. So happy she is chubby (healthy)!!!
Words cannot describe how thrilled we are for you! She is truly adorable and looks so healthy! Our Lord has truly hemmed you in behind and before and laid His hand upon you!
Love to you!
Grant Family
Post a Comment