Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday night

We have to leave at 7:45am for our consulate appointment, so I am sending a nighttime post instead. Today has been a good day. We had a leisurely morning with breakfast and a little bit of shopping time near the hotel. Emmy just let me carry her around and seemed to just take in all of the sights around her.  

Around lunchtime, we went with our group to lunch at a Cantonese restaurant and then sightseeing. Our guide ordered items for us that she though we would enjoy such as spring rolls, noodles, sweet pork, sugar snap peas, and some kind of bread. The food was very tasty. Right at the front door they were selling your pick of live eels, turtles, and fish. I was thankful that turtle soup wasn't on the menu.

The area we were in had a lot of French architecture. We had a great walk but missed nap time. Emmy was very relaxed, and I have been very thankful for the wrap my friend let me borrow. Emmy gets in the wrap and just completely relaxes. It sure is easier on my arms than carrying her without it. We haven't seen any of the strollers that we thought would be plentiful in the stores, but we aren't sure that Emmy would ride in one if we had it. 

With no nap, she did really well the rest of the day without fussing. We made a trip to a playground where she ran around and even tried out the swing. Emmy continues to open up a bit more each day and played with Andrea, who is another mommy who adopted a little boy from Emmy's class at the same orphanage. I am hoping that the video works to see Emmy running around the playground chasing me. We took turns chasing each other, but she found it more amusing to chase me than the other way around.




We are so thankful for how well Emmy is doing so far. In my devotion today ,I was reminded of how our Father knows everything we need and knows when we need it. Do not worry and do not be anxious. So as I start thinking ahead to the transition that Emmy will have coming home, I am trying to remember this. Mike and I are so ready to come home, but we know that it isn't just going to be our getting back into our routine but will include so many changes for everyone in our home.

Good night to you all, or I guess good morning to you in your time zone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I love her giggles! So precious! At the end of the first video when she stretches out her arms to you, I think she said "bao" which means "hug" or "hold." :)