So we just received a few updates for Emery. She has grown a bit as we could tell in the pictures. I am hoping that her new measurements will help in knowing what size clothes to take for her. Her first measurements were tiny and since August she has gained 6 lbs!!! Everything else seemed very similar to the first information we received about her. It did mention this time that she can be a bit stubborn. It just makes me laugh as I know how each of us can all be stubborn in so many ways. She will perfectly fit into our family! Coming in as a fourth child the stubbornness may be just what she needs to keep up with her older brothers and sisters. I am sure none of the other three kids were ever stubborn as two year olds! I thought that was the definition of a 2 year old!!!
In preparation for our trip to China I have been overwhelmed with details flying through my head. Several times over the last week and a half it has been impressed upon my heart that God's word is a lamp to my feet. A lamp at my feet is going to light just a few steps of my journey at a time. I don't have to see the end picture, the whole trip right now, and all of details of what is to come. I just need to trust in the Lord that He will show me the steps to take today and not be overwhelmed. It's so easy to say this but my heart is stubborn! My heart is so stubborn that I will sit in my overwhelmed state and remain paralyzed by so many "to do's" while I know the answer is to trust. Lord, please help my stubbornness and in this process prepare me for any stubbornness that Emery will have.
Something else they hadn't mentioned before is that she isn't a picky eater. I don't know how many new things they are trying in her orphanage but not being picky will be a great treat for us! Ella, on the other hand, is very excited about getting to eat more rice and is hoping I will fix it every day.
Oh, we are so ready to go and get her!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment