Tuesday, April 7, 2009So last Friday in Atlanta I took the kids to Piedmont Park hoping that it would be dry enough to play. We had a good time on the playground
- especially Landon after getting really dizzy on the spinny toy. Check out the video below. I was trying to get him to run to me but he was having a little trouble. There were lots of kids there to play with. We even got to see ducks at the pond. Eli is a big duck fan and was thrilled to chase them around. Luckily I had a few goldfish crackers to share with them, otherwise I think they may have attacked.
- especially Landon after getting really dizzy on the spinny toy. Check out the video below. I was trying to get him to run to me but he was having a little trouble. There were lots of kids there to play with. We even got to see ducks at the pond. Eli is a big duck fan and was thrilled to chase them around. Luckily I had a few goldfish crackers to share with them, otherwise I think they may have attacked. 
After a quick nap for Eli we waited for Mike to get out of meetings and we headed to the "world's largest aquarium". It was spectacular and the kids had a blast. We would have loved to stay the whole day but they had to close and we needed dinner. I would definitely recommend going there if you get the chance. Landon's favorite was the moving floor through the tunnel and seeing all of the animals swim over and around
us. Ella, I think, loved every minute of it but found lots of fun looking at a "map" and picking out fish we had seen. She also liked seeing a pink and purple tropical fish and she kind of liked the 3-D movie. She kept on the glasses and at times you could see her reaching her arms out to see if she could touch stuff in the movie but she wasn't a fan of the interactive part of sound effects under the chairs or water spraying at you. Mike's favorite was seeing the giant sting ray pop up in the window doing a beautiful and graceful flip through the water. I can't pick out one favorite so I will just go on and on about the large windows to see all of the fish, the sheer number of fish, the size of the fish,
the touch pools of fish, fish, fish, and also the beluga whales. As soon as we walked within view of the belugas Ella commented "they are happy - they have smiles on their faces". If you have never seen them before you should check them out as they really do look like they are smiling. After leaving we decided to take the kids to the historic Varsity for dinner. I was
surprised to see kids arriving and leaving in limosines and in their tuxedos and fancy dresses. I think my stomach is still recovering. Eli was a big fan of their hot dogs and I think his daddy was too.
us. Ella, I think, loved every minute of it but found lots of fun looking at a "map" and picking out fish we had seen. She also liked seeing a pink and purple tropical fish and she kind of liked the 3-D movie. She kept on the glasses and at times you could see her reaching her arms out to see if she could touch stuff in the movie but she wasn't a fan of the interactive part of sound effects under the chairs or water spraying at you. Mike's favorite was seeing the giant sting ray pop up in the window doing a beautiful and graceful flip through the water. I can't pick out one favorite so I will just go on and on about the large windows to see all of the fish, the sheer number of fish, the size of the fish,
the touch pools of fish, fish, fish, and also the beluga whales. As soon as we walked within view of the belugas Ella commented "they are happy - they have smiles on their faces". If you have never seen them before you should check them out as they really do look like they are smiling. After leaving we decided to take the kids to the historic Varsity for dinner. I was
surprised to see kids arriving and leaving in limosines and in their tuxedos and fancy dresses. I think my stomach is still recovering. Eli was a big fan of their hot dogs and I think his daddy was too. Most of the time we were there Ella was asking to go home or go to another fun place. So on Saturday when we woke up and were preparing to leave we had mixed reactions. Landon wanted to stay and live in Atlanta (I am not sure if it was all the fun we had or the fance hotel) and Ella couldn't wait to get home. Eli always seems to be just along for the ride - literally. Thanks for hearing about our trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment