Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday, May 24, 2007


We have a new camera - how excited I am! It is awesome and I can't stop taking pictures, actually, neither can Mike. It takes a new gadget for him to be interested and soon I think it will wear off but for now I am enjoying lots of pictures of the kids. Last night we took it to church and thank goodness we did as Landon was in his very first "performance" where he stood up on stage with 4 of his friends and sang 2 songs. Mike and I had lots of laughs and have watched it at least 15 times each. I am going to try posting it but forgive me if it doesn't work, I have never done a video.
View this montage created at One True Media
Landon's First Show



Outside of the new camera, I took a trip to the beach with some of my girlfriends, actually 13 of them and we had an awesome time. It was the first time I had been to Topsail Island and it was so nice and relaxing. It was great to have time to talk together without someone interrupting for a sippy cup, a snotty nose, or a dirty diaper. Don't get me wrong, I love those times, but it was just a nice chance to build some relationships that don't get as much attention as they should due to schedules. We ate some good seafood, walked along the beach, found sharks teeth, and spent a lot of time just talking. Mike did a great job holding down the fort and had some extra hands including my mom and his mom for the whole time. They had lots of visitors to play with, went to play putt putt, had a small family reunion, and spent lots of time outdoors. In fact, Landon enjoyed so much of Daddy's attention that he has changed some of his habits to mainly focus on Daddy instead of Mommy since my return. I am not hurt at all and am enjoying seeing them bond quite a bit.








OH YES! We did go to the doctor on Monday for my ultrasound. We took Landon along with us as we thought he would enjoy seeing the baby that is in mommy's tummy. After a wait we finally went in and as I hopped up on the table and pulled my shirt up Landon comments - - - "Mommy - your tummy sure is getting big". Mike made a great point in that Landon is one of only a few that could get away with that remark. It was so amazing to see the little one moving around and showing us everything. We saw all of the things that they wanted to check out including the much anticipated is it a boy or girl. Mike and I were just going to be thrilled as long as the baby was healthy and growing on schedule. Landon had originally said he wanted a little sister but about a week later he changed his mind to a little brother. I had had a couple of dreams that I was having a boy and had several opinions of what friends thought it may be. So are you wondering? Well I will see if this gives it away. Landon, after seeing the baby, announced that he was going to name the baby Shuper Tobo. We still don't know where he came up with that name but does that help you figure out the gender? If not scroll down and you will see.

Landon has also had his last day of preschool this spring as of Tuesday. He had fun bringing home some of his arts and crafts and opening presents from his teachers. On Wednesday he had a picnic at a local park with a lot of his preschool friends. Ella enjoyed seeing all of the kids and especially playing in the sand. I think he is going to miss preschool over the summer, maybe not immediately but after a few weeks. Hopefully next year he will have a few of the his same friends in his class to hang out with. They sure are growing up fast!


Now for the rest of the week I am going to play catch up on laundry and house cleaning and several other things I haven't done. Oh yes and if you are still wondering - we are having a ..................................................... ...............................................................................................boy! Now all we have to do is pick out a name and keep him growing well. We may have to redo a bit of the nursery, it is already blue but maybe take out the little flowers and butterflies that we painted on the walls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke and Mike,
I am so excited for the new baby BOY!! Sally told me tonight. You guys are such great parents and I know baby #3 is going to fit right in!

Brandi Carter

Anonymous said...

The video works!

The Turmanators said...

Yay! How wonderful! I think you should stick with Landon's suggestion for a name.

And speaking of Landon, that video is sooo cute. He clearly has a lot of his Daddy's sense of comedy! He seemed to enjoy making funny faces and making everyone laugh.

Congratulations!