Wednesday, May 2, 2007Family and friends, it doesn't get better than that. We thoroughly enjoy having a full house
(guess that is evident in having a 3rd child) and having friends and family over is our favorite. Last week our little friends Virginia and Reid came for a visit and enjoyed the sandbox and the doggies. Friday we had a lot of the Joyce family over for dinner which is always a good time in conversation and visits. Saturday Pappy Lee and Mary came for a visit along with Damion, Kara and Aiden (can you tell Aiden in the picture, he is the mini-me of Damion). On Sunday we spent the morning and lunch at church before heading later on to see several of our friends at dinner club. So far this week Landon has enjoyed preschool friends on Tuesday
morning and going to church tonight along with his friend Brandi (otherwise known as their favorite babysitter). Ella enjoyed a visit with Aunt Katherine this morning while Landon went to the dentist. So fun filling each day and of course lots of time outdoors blowing bubbles.Speaking of the dentist, that is something I have never at all enjoyed or looked forward to. I am
trying to start Landon off positively and so far he has been 3 times over the past 12 months. Today when they called him back and everytime someone spoke to him he asked "Hey! How did you know my name?". After getting a fun bag with new toothbrushes, floss, and toothpaste he crawls up on the table requesting the sunglasses to wear as they shine the light on his teeth. He did wonderfully as they counted and cleaned and polished his teeth (although he gagged a time or two on the polish - but who doesn't - even when it is flavored as chocolate chip cookie dough).The worst part of it all (actually for me instead of him) was that within the first 3 minutes he talked and talked but his stories were not the ones I would pick out. He first told about ho
w Ella was sick with germs and spit up (this was last week), second story was that he was sick when he was 2 years old and spit up on his red pillow and mommy had to wash it because it was everywhere and now his red pillow was clean, and third story was that the other day at the playground he went poop in his underwear by accident but then mommy took him into the school to the bathroom where he still had yet another "really big poop" but then he got to go back to the playground. I just shook my head while the hygenist said "Oh really, wow". I don't think she could come up with another comment to even make it any better. Maybe I will try that at the dentist next time and see if my time isn't as dreaded as normal.
2 comments:
I love a house full of people too. Landon's choice of entertainment for the dentist had me laughing out loud! So funny. India and Kate love to discuss what others are doing in nearby stalls in public restrooms ("Mommy, did you hear that pee pee?" or "I heard a poop!"). So embarrassing.
That was hilarious. I can see him telling those stories as if everyone has a fun poop story to tell the dentist.
Post a Comment