Monday, May 14, 2007Happy Mother's Day! I had a nice one with flowers from the kids and a trip to Stuart to visit Gammy and family. I do admit that being a mother has been my favorite career choice and even though days can be challenging it is a huge blessing to have 2 beautiful kids, another on the way and a houseful of noise! Right now I am actually enjoying the sound of NOTHING except my fingers typing away, but one hour of silence out of 16 hours is a good way to decompress.

We had the fun of going to play putt putt with some good friends. Actually, Landon enjoyed putt putt with little JD but little JD usually enjoys giving Ella hugs. It seems that putt putt takes his mind away from the girls though and Ella didn't have a care in the world as she ran around all 3 putt putt courses and picked flowers,
hugged the elephant, put her ball in an occasional hole, and tripped over her club for 2 scraped knees. Landon scored 2 hole-in-one's (I think more than Mike had). He always seems to work so hard that he ends up with a head soaked in sweat which helps Mike to make a crazy hairdo or maybe one that is just in style right now. The night ended with Ella falling and busting her lip open on the inside and scraping up her chin really bad (to add to the scraped knees she is looking pretty rough). Just thankful that she didn't lose any teeth or have to get any stitches. A fall here and there with a boo boo doesn't seem to discourage her from taking risks as you will see in the picture of her this morning as I couldn't find her anywhere and then when looking in her room she was on top of the
changing table that we don't use to change her any longer because she is too much of a wiggle worm and getting too big for the table.
hugged the elephant, put her ball in an occasional hole, and tripped over her club for 2 scraped knees. Landon scored 2 hole-in-one's (I think more than Mike had). He always seems to work so hard that he ends up with a head soaked in sweat which helps Mike to make a crazy hairdo or maybe one that is just in style right now. The night ended with Ella falling and busting her lip open on the inside and scraping up her chin really bad (to add to the scraped knees she is looking pretty rough). Just thankful that she didn't lose any teeth or have to get any stitches. A fall here and there with a boo boo doesn't seem to discourage her from taking risks as you will see in the picture of her this morning as I couldn't find her anywhere and then when looking in her room she was on top of the
changing table that we don't use to change her any longer because she is too much of a wiggle worm and getting too big for the table. Landon got to go to a friend's birthday party on Saturday at the Virginia Museum of Natural History. It was a dinosaur party and he was a bit concerned that there would be real dinosaurs there. He had a lot of fun digging for bones, making a dinosaur mask and eating dinosaur cake. Landon is already planning on having a dinosaur cake for his birthday but I have a feeling he will change his mind at least 4 or 5 times before then. It's was a boy's trip on Saturday as Ella and I stayed home to water the flowers and have some girl time (we both napped for a couple of hours which is my kind of afternoon). Speaking of which - I think I am going to head to bed now for some more zzzzz's.
No comments:
Post a Comment