Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Well I am attempting another post. The other day I wrote an entire post and then poof, it disappeared into thin air or wherever those things disappear to. My first shout out was to Caroline - happy birthday, then to Matthew - happy birthday as well. So many things to celebrate.


February also brought around my birthday, however, I have stopped counting the years but was glad that all 25 candles ;-) would fit on the wonderful ice cream cake that I had!!! I ended up with a cold on my birthday so there wasn't much fun going around but I did get to have some cake followed by some chicken pot pie soup (one of my favorites, thanks Mike). Eli also celebrated his 4 month birthday in February but no cake for him yet. Landon and Ella are more excited each day as Eli learns new tricks and is more responsive to their playing. He has started with rice cereal this week and is really enjoying it. He is constantly eyeing my food and I think would prefer to have what we are eating but for now we will stick with cereal. He is also a huge fan of his johnny jump up and his legs are the strongest I have ever seen. I have to remember to get him out of the jumper after 30 or 45 minutes because I think he would stay in there all day.

Landon and Ella are busier than ever. Ella is in Kindermusik and loves all of the singing and dancing. She gets so excited about going and watches the teacher's every move so she can duplicate it even down to the facial expression. Landon is reading everything and enjoys trying to figure out new words like wonderland, sensational, amusing, and so forth. Both he and Ella are addicted to puzzles. They work on puzzles several times a day and mainly enjoy those with 60 pieces or above. They will sit and work on them for 30 minutes at a time. They spread out about 4 or 5 different puzzles on our dining room table and work on each one throughout the day. If they finish one they take it apart and start all over.


Mike has been very busy at work but also at home. Our neighbor cut down a huge oak tree that was starting to rot and Mike took about 12,000 pounds of branches from the tree to cut up for firewood. I don't think any of us realized just how much wood that was until Mike had to spend about 5 or 6 days chainsawing and splitting wood. We had help from about 8 or so different people over time and also gave away about 5 truckloads full of wood. Our backyard still has 2 piles of wood sitting in it that we haven't been able to stack yet and have actually run out of room to stack it. I am betting it will be 5 years before we use it all! I think Mike enjoyed the "roughness" of getting out there with power tools and just cutting stuff up to relieve stress. In fact this morning he is off using the chainsaw again but this time it is not on wood at our house (thankfully).

So I know this was just a bunch of random updates but it has been a while and I have never been very good at writing anything that really follows a logical pattern (most of you know this by just talking to me). I hope you enjoy the pictures and I hope you are all doing well. Mama Amy, we want you to know we love you and are praying for you!!!!

No comments: