Wednesday, March 19, 2008


Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I want, I want, I want!! I thought I had somehow joyfully made it past the "I want it" stage but yesterday as I ventured to the drug store to buy some items for Landon to take to his Easter party at preschool it started for the very first time! Landon started pointing at things saying "I want one of those" and so then immediately Ella joined her brother. They each pointed to item after item saying that they wanted it. After almost 4.5 years of parenthood I thought that I had lucked out and somehow had kids that didn't ask for anything for birthdays, Christmas, or even when rolling down the isles of the grocery store. At Christmas we had to coax it out of them something that they might like and Landon wanted "toys for boys and girls that didn't have any". My thoughts went spiraling down as I tried to pick out chocolate candies that would fit into multi-colored eggs. I quickly tried different approaches and we settled on the "one day I would like to have" so they pointed out about 10 more things that "they would like to have" and I quickly moved to an isle that only had medicine. Ella was disappointed that she couldn't carry out 10 bags of jelly beans but we managed to check out without a fit or tantrum much to my delight.



Poor little Eli watched all of this from his car seat as our primary goal was to get him some ibuprofen to help ease the high fever he started running yesterday. He doesn't have any other symptoms and continues to be so very happy, smiling and cooing and even jumping at times. Just the other day he took his first big swing in a swing at the park and at home in the swing hanging in our tree. He giggled and smiled as the downward ride must have tickled his belly. He is changing so much as you can notice in the picture his hair is getting really long and blowing in the breeze. We all think he looks a bit like his older brother.

We have all enjoyed some warmer weather with walks outside, playground time, Easter egg hunts and backyard time. Eli seems to like playing outside as much as his brother and sister. Ella delights in finding flowers outside that she can pick. Landon is enjoying his bike and football and has just taken some interest in tee ball. He and Ella take turns trying to wack the ball off of the tee while barely missing each other's face with a plastic bat. Ella tends to just swing the bat back and forth in both directions hoping that somehow with the tee behind her or 10 feet away from her that she will hit the ball farther than her brother. Eli and I watch from the other side of the yard :-)

I hope everyone had a nice St. Patrick's Day and are getting ready for the day to celebrate our risen Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Ella. I know another little girl that we have alot of pictures with those famous expressions on her face. Can you guess who? You guys have alot to look forward to!!!

Stan