Thursday, March 27, 2008I hope you all had a happy Easter. We had a fun filled weekend with lots of time with family, friends and Easter eggs. We traveled to VA for most of the weekend and the days were full of sunshine
and nice weather. We didn't make it to sunrise service (the kids and I didn't make it) as I am still letting the kids sleep to almost 8:00 every morning. The kids started egg hunts last week and are still going strong as of this morning. Luckily we have moved from Mom hiding them to Landon and Ella hiding them for each other and they don't mind that there is nothing in the eggs. Every time they finished finding the eggs they immediately ask to hide them again. I am sure we will find colored plastic eggs with the lawnmower
through the entire summer. Hey, but if it keeps them entertained how could I complain. You also can't beat 3 dozen eggs for $1.00
and nice weather. We didn't make it to sunrise service (the kids and I didn't make it) as I am still letting the kids sleep to almost 8:00 every morning. The kids started egg hunts last week and are still going strong as of this morning. Luckily we have moved from Mom hiding them to Landon and Ella hiding them for each other and they don't mind that there is nothing in the eggs. Every time they finished finding the eggs they immediately ask to hide them again. I am sure we will find colored plastic eggs with the lawnmower
through the entire summer. Hey, but if it keeps them entertained how could I complain. You also can't beat 3 dozen eggs for $1.00Eli is finally feeling better. After having a virus last week he ended the Easter weekend with an ear infection. If he had some ibuprofen in him you couldn't tell anything was wrong and he never once pulled at his ear, but sure enough, Monday the doctor told us it was infected and he began his first antibiotics. He is quite
a trooper and seemed to feel better by the end of the day on Monday. The nice thing is he has been taking longer naps which leaves some time for me to scramble and try to get a few things done in the house. (you can't tell by looking at it but I feel better about the laundry). As of late yesterday I have come down with a runny nose again. Who's to say whether it is allergies or a cold but I have gone through almost 2 boxes of tissues and still going. Keeping my fingers crossed that no one else gets it but with all of the crazy weather up and down temperatures it is bound to
happen.With the longer days Ella seems to be getting worn out quickly and after I got them ready to go last Friday things got quiet. By the time I changed Eli and went to find her this is how she was. I just covered her up, took off her shoes and let her sleep. I am still trying each day to get all 3 of them napping at the same time for at least 30 minutes. 

So the pictures today, mainly from the weekend. We were able to see Uncle Nathan which is a rare treat. The kids kept him busy reading books, answering questions, playing tee ball, finding eggs and so forth. Eli went along on an Easter egg hunt at Gammy's church. Landon and Ella and Eli all dressed up in the chair for a photo op - just excuse the mess on Ella's face and also her dress not being completely down but it is a true shot of Ella - she is not a "girly girl" for the most part. The proof of that is take a look at this last picture of her riding home from the church!!!!!!!!!
Happy week to you all!
1 comment:
Sweet pictures! I saw Ella Sue tonight and she said you had the flu. I hope you are feeling much better and no one else gets sick. Hope to see you guys soon.
Post a Comment