Thursday, February 22, 2007
Sunday was a fun day with church and then dinner club with a bunch of our friends. It was so much fun for all of us to spend time with our friends and again I was so busy enjoying myself I forgot
to take pictures. Landon had a blast playing with his friend Ben and I think Mike and Zen had more fun than any of the kids as they were playing a version of dodge ball downstairs.
to take pictures. Landon had a blast playing with his friend Ben and I think Mike and Zen had more fun than any of the kids as they were playing a version of dodge ball downstairs.Mike had Monday off and wouldn't you know it he and I came down with colds. Thankfully for Zicam mine was shortlived and not too bad. Mike's was a bit worse but he seems to be better now. We still had Landon and Ella's friend Brandi come over and babysit so that we could go to a movie. It was so cool to get out and go to a movie in the middle of the day with Mike that we make promise that we would definitely do date night (or afternoon) more often. The kids didn't even miss us and were actually a little sad when Brandi had to leave. We then spent the evening sitting on the couch with boxes of tissues watching the kids run around full of energy.

It's warmed up a bit this week and the kids are enjoying time outside without heavy jackets playing in the sunshine. I am enjoying the fresh air myself and am feeling a ton better, other than being tired from staying up late watching recordings of two nights of American Idol. I can't believe how into it we are but we record it and watch it together after the kids go to bed. Mike always tries to give the play by play of what the judges will say about each performance and he's often right but I love to rub it in when he is wrong. I don't have a strong favorite this year so far but am thinking it is going to be a female this year.
The other night Landon was getting in bed and I laid down beside him. He wrapped his arms around me and told me he was giving me the best snuggles in the whole world............then he said. "One day when you're a little boy and I'm a BIG MOMMA then you can give me some snuggles too". Mike and I both were laughing so hard and had to make him repeat it. I wonder if he often calls me a big momma. For Ella, she woke up in the middle of the night with what must have been a nightmare as she was screaming and physically shaking. When Mike brought her in our room she laid down in between us and calmed down while Mike drifted back to sleep snoring in her ear. Now everytime she lays down she asks one of us to lay down by saying "Mommy night night" pointing to the pillow beside her head and as soon as we lay down she starts making this noise like she is trying to cough up a hairball and then does the sssssss sound. It cracks me up that she picked that up from Mike and makes me laugh everytime she does it. I hope to get a recording of it so you all can enjoy it as much as I do.
1 comment:
Glad you are all feeling better!
I love the profile of Ella. I usually think both kids look JUST like Mike looked as a child, but that profile has Brooke all over it.
India calls me the Big Boss and Tracy the Little Boss (so true).
Post a Comment