Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Monday, February 5, 2007

Happy Birthday Nannie Richardson! Although I know she won't see this I want to wish a very happy birthday to Nannie who turns 89 today. (I tried to post this yesterday but was having technical difficulties).

Both Landon and Ella are now feeling better and besides from Ella's slight dribble under her nose we are good to go. They both seem to have 10 times the energy that they had last week. Even while sick Ella and Landon enjoyed playing with Landon's boots that are way too big but a fun to play in. They even ventured outside into the snow for a few minutes, which was about the length of time is snowed around here. Ella was more interested in playing in the sandbox than the snow and there just wasn't enough to keep Landon entertained more than 10 minutes.
The rest of the time we stayed in our house watching videos, coloring, playing trains and trying to think of creative ways to keep from going crazy.

On Saturday we were finally able to get out and about and visited some friends for dinner. They have twins that seem to be the most content laid back babies. Then Sunday we had a busy day with church and then the Super Bowl. It was fun to see the Colts win (even though I didn't really watch much of the game). I am just thankful that I wasn't out in the rain getting soaked to the bone but instead inside under shelter with a warm fire, friends and fun football fare. After chili, cheese dip, wings, chips, veggies and dip, more chips, doughnuts, cookies, strawberries and grapes I was stuffed. Landon and Ella had a huge sugar high as Danny gave them plenty of doughnuts and cookies before they ate anything that resembled a dinner. I think all of the sugar kept Landon going strong until almost 9:30 and Ella had a crash and was out early but woke up at 2:30 AM thinking it was time to get up and play again. She was so awake that she was chatting away for 30 minutes while in bed with us and after an hour and a half finally made it back to her crib.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that you are off to a good week as well. It's quite cold around here but with Landon and Ella running laps around the house it heats up quickly inside.

No comments: