So this morning I attempted to make some fluffy yummy gluten free pancakes with some hidden ooohey gooey chocolate chips inside. What it turned out to be was thinner than crepes golden messes with unmelted chocolate chips folded on the inside. The kids watched as I poured and yelled - they are running together, they are running together. I thought for a minute that they would scream - RETREAT!! I really don't know where I went wrong. I followed the recipe and they even said if they are too thick to add some milk. Mine were so runny that it was even thinner than milk itself and I added lots of things to try to thicken it. Oh well, Eli and Ella ate several rolled up messes only so they could get a treat of chocolate at breakfast. Soon they were both saying they were done and Ella said "I don't want the last two pancake bites that look like potstickers." Guess I will have to go back to the drawing board and try another recipe. I am sure they will be hungry again in a few hours so hopefully I can redeem myself then. Happy Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment