Saturday, January 1st, 2011
Happy New Years!! So a resolution this year to better update my blog!!! I figure since I don't scrapbook I better write something down and keep up some pictures for my kids. One day they will hopefully be able to look back at this and see what was
going on! I have a laundry list
of resolutions this year so I will see how well I keep any of them up. Let me just focus on this one at the minute.
We had a better start to the day than the end to yesterday. Most of us slept until 9:00 except Landon who woke at 8:17 (he is so exact when he talks time). It was an icky weather day so we stayed inside
other than the time Mike had Landon come outside and help clean up some of the yard from all of the limbs that fell during the snow and wind. Eli and Ella also got out there and helped a bit. Other than that it was an indoors day. The kids had lots of play time.
Landon had lots
of time to watch football with his Dad, cousins, and Uncle Jay. I did
some cleaning, some laundry, some organizing, putting away of a few Christmas items, and lots of cooking.
I thought it would be "fun" to try to cook a mess of greens today for the New Year's traditional southern meal. Lots of collards later I can say that they were fine, (nothing to shout about) and that now I have a mess of collards sitting in my fridge because no one but myself will eat them. I did also make some black eyed peas,
Oh, and last night we told the kids that we were going to take them to Disney World in a few weeks. They are very excited but they really want to go now. Eli came up to me several times today saying - "I'm ready to go", so I would respond "Where?". Eli would say "what's the name of that place?". When I answered Disney he would say "yes, I am ready to go to Disney". This is usually the reason that we tell the kids that they are going somewhere either hours before they are going or within a
day or so. It may be a long couple of weeks trying to help Eli understand that we aren't leaving that day but it is really building the suspense for the other two. The other two pictures are just a few favorites from last year.
Here's to a great 2011. May you and yours have a blessed New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment