Monday, January 10, 2011


Monday, January 10, 2011

I felt like a little kid all day today, constantly looking outside to see if it was snowing. After the buildup of weather reports and then schools canceling last night around 8:00 I was thinking we were in for a pretty big storm. All morning we would see a snowflake here and there but nothing much. The afternoon brought more snowflakes but it is 9:00 and I don't think we even have an inch. The kids didn't seem nearly as disappointed as I was. They were also pretty great troopers that we still have scho
ol even when public school is cancelled.

Over the weekend, Pappy Lee came up for a Christmas visit. His gift to them was a gift card to Toys R Us for each of them and also to take them to the store to pick stuff out with their gift card. Over the years it has changed a little from the first few times where the kids were picking up little items such as candy or tiny
toys that were only a dollar or two and we were trying to get them to buy enough to use their whole gift card. Now, as Landon and Ella are older they are finding it challenging to select things within the value of their card. For instance - Ella said "hey mom, take me back over there, I think I saw an iTouch I could get". Landon was eyeing the $129 lego star wars kit - CRAZY!! They each finally settled on things with Ella being the easiest and Landon a little more challenging. Eli on the other hand wanted everything he saw. Each item appealed to him until he made it to the next isle when he saw something different.
I thought he was sold on the Toy Story III walking dinosaur but when we made it over the games he said, "I don't want the silly dinosaur" and he was wanting a cars game. We quickly chose that and a book and when we got home and he played the game then he said, "where is my silly dinosaur?". Oh well. It was interesting to say the least.

Going to bed and hoping for more snow so we can go sledding!

1 comment:

Beave said...

What did Ella and Landon finally end up with?
Are you guys geared up for Disney?