Sunday, August 16, 2009What a weekend. We celebrated Mike's 40th birthday with a party this weekend. He had a lot of fun as we all did. It was a party full of good food, friends and family. Our friend John cooked the bbq and it was fantastic. The weather was warm bot not too hot that we were miserable. Thanks to all who helped me get ready for the big party as I wouldn't have made it without you all.
Mike's friend Eric Frank drove up from New Bern and brought his little girl Mattie. I would say she was a little girl, she is about 8 months younger than Landon but way taller. She is really sweet and the kids had so much fun together. They stayed last night and t
his morning Mike and E. took the kids fishing. Ella loves to go fishing but the heat and the fact that she didn't catch any fish kind of wore her out. Eli hung out in the wagon the whole time and Mattie and Landon fished the most. Mattie caught 2 little fish but there were none for the Joyces. It may be more fun when it is cooler weather. Thanks to E. and Mattie for driving up and hanging out.
Thanks to all our friends for coming to the party. Even though he is tired today Mike had a blast. I don't have many pictures from the night so if you took any and can send them to me I would be very thankful.On another note, tonight Landon made his first training wheel free bike ride around the block. He is doing so well on his bike but going around the block showed us that he is a little nervous with some turns and that the sidewalk is much narrower than our driveway. I am trying to post a little video that shows him last weekend getting a better hang on riding. Now he can ride for a good 30 minutes by himself in our driveway without our helping him. It's amazing how fast they pick these things up and actually how much they learn to do from birth to age 6 or 7. Wish I still learned at that rate!!!!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary Guys! We love you.
Post a Comment