Friday, September 05, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANDON !!!!!


Mom's asleep so Dad's typing a rare post...
OK...you all know this, but I have to say it .... We flat out love our kids!!! They are amazing ... a lot of work ... but we get back a whole lot more.
All right ..... to the man of the hour ...uhhh .... day.
Landon was awakened to streamers hanging from his bedroom door, and to the sounds of a sad sister who was very upset that it was not her birthday... (Sorry Ella ... need to take that one up with the man upstairs). But hey, she came around when she realized that she ALSO got Krispy Kreme's for breakfast and she ALSO got to go to Chuckie Cheese for lunch. Eli didn't really seem to care one way or another, but he was diggin' the festivities. Just for full disclosure, Eli also "digs" holding up a piece of scrap paper and staring at it while he moves his hand around.

Let me back up a bit ... Last night Landon was amazed when I explained that he would never be 4 years old again... you never think about "losing" something on a birthday, but you really do... That got his wheels turning, however he showed no remorse over the "loss" of the 4 label. He truly enjoyed this day and I am so glad that I could take the day off from work and share this time with Brooke, my smoking hot wife, and the kids. (She'll take the keys to the blog away from me for that one...)
As mentioned, there have been Krispy Kremes for breakfast and Chuckie Cheeses for lunch, dinner with friends, a chocolate chip cookie the size of a hubcap, got to stay up later than normal and play PS2 Maddon football with Dad, and even though late to bed... we still read a bedtime story ( a treat ususally reserved for nights when they get to bed on time.)
I love to see my kids smile and there were lots today ... Thank you God !!!

Tomorrow (Sat.) we have a party with some of Landon's friends and then Sunday a get together with the family, so Landon's birthday celebration is spanning a legit 3 days.... its kinda like a political convention without the speeches and with slightly less silly hats.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Mike. Ok, Brooke may indeed be the pro but it was nice to hear your "voice." I truly miss it. Happy Birthday to sweet Landon. Time flies but what a blessing those moments reveal. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. I'm sure by now that Ella is really, really glad it's Landon's birthday!
Anita

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anita; as much as I love hearing from my old neighbor, I miss hearing from my even older friend (you know I'm not talking ages, here, right?).

You were both obviously born to be parents, and you do an inspiring job celebrating the wonderful, sometimes insane world of childrearing. Happy 5th Birthday to Landon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday, Landon. I promise you will not miss 4 at all. 5 is wayyyy cool!

Glad you guys got to have such a nice birthday weekend!!