Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday, September 13, 2008

So we are watching the Hokies and hanging around the house! Trying to catch our breath from the week as each week seems to get busier than the one before. Landon's birthday weekend extravaganza was a lot of fun for us all but by Sunday night I thought I was going to collapse like a card house under a ceiling fan. Putt putt was a hit with Landon and he played more than I could imagine! He played so much on Saturday that he didn't even get phased by the 12 mosquito bites he had within 2 minutes of playing in the backyard. On Sunday he enjoyed playing until he got his new tee ball set that throws the balls up for him to swing at. His cake was unbelievable - check out the picture. Our sister-in-law Caroline made it per Landon's request. I didn't tell her that the day before his party he changed his mind and decided he wanted a race car - Mike was able to talk him out of it or at least postpone the race car cake until he turns 21 when his favorite car number matched the race car theme.

Ella has started preschool and is slowly getting used to the new routine. She seems to enjoy the class, especially music with Ms. Amy and the creature teacher who visits monthly. The first few days her teachers commented that she cried a lot and didn't want to participate and then they began saying she was having good days. However, she would come home and say that she "wasn't a good listener" and that she had a timeout or two. I'm excited about her honesty but trying to work on the listening skills. But who could every get frustrated with this face???

Eli has had a rough couple of weeks with a few bugs and ear infection. He is a trooper though because through it all he has remained a happy guy and puts up with our crazy schedule of going here there and yonder each day. His mobility is amazing as I catch him exploring every room of our house withing 15 minutes and follows Landon and Ella like a bear after honey.

Homeschooling is going well so far. Landon has been more than excited most days and Eli cooperates by playing by himself while we get work done. Ella has become very interested and asks for a "homework book" to work on as well. So on days she is home we all work on some school work together. I am very drained by the end of every day but I am sure it will all be worth it in the long run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed it; you are HOMESCHOOLING too! Your energy amazes me. So glad everyone is settling into a nice routine despite Eli's introduction into the world of Sibling Germs. Can't decide who Ella looks like in that photo...is she a good cross between both of you?