Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's hot out here! The heat wave has hit and the kids are melting. We are trying to find more and more things that we can do inside. We have had fun with lots of play dates and we are on our second week of Vacation Bible Schools. The kids are having a blast and learning lots. Getting back into a regular schedule has been hard for me but worth it. During the first week I was able to attend a parenting class led by someone whom I consider to be an absolutely great parent. It was educational and if only it handed out patience to go along with the parenting skills I would be on my way. We are trying out some new methods in hopes that by the time my kids are moving out that we don't send them straight into counseling to deal with how they were raised.

Landon's favorite after going to church everyday for 2 weeks would probably be learning and getting to play disc golf (frisbee golf) with his dad. We went with the intentions that both Landon and Ella would play with dad and enjoy the outing but Ella preferred riding in the stroller with Eli, picking up leaves, watching the clouds and talking to Danny. Landon had so much fun and ran every inch of the course. I really think Mike liked it too and it was a lot shorter and cheaper than real golf. I enjoyed being outdoors and watching us all have fun. After golf we strolled over to the playground for a bit before heading to the "Dairy-O" for some good eats.

Ella is growing fast and testing us all of the time. She right now is on a kick of always talking about what she is going to be when she grows up. For some time she has said she is going to be a butterfly and a princess, and the last couple of days she is a ghost and she will be a baby again. She tried to tell me today about when Daddy was a girl or would grow up to be a girl so we had some quick conversations on that topic and she dropped it (or at least she didn't talk to me about it after Bible school).

Eli is growing the fastest (so it seems) and is getting more and more mobile. He is cruising all of the furniture and scooting around on his bottom. His hair is getting so long that I am thinking I will have to get it cut soon. I wanted to wait until he turned a year old, but it is past his eyebrows now and very close to his eyes. He is talking all the time and now does this sweet thing where he sings himself to sleep in the car all of the time so you know exactly when he is falling asleep. It is the sweetest sound and I wish I could video tape it but I am always the one driving so that may be a little hazardous.

Here's a shout out to my little brother - congrats on the new job. I always think of you as my little little brother but you are now in your late twenties and the only "underwater welder" I know of. I am praying for you that things go well and that you enjoy your trade - I can't begin to imagine doing what you do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the photos, everyone is growing up so fast!

Wishing you all well!!

Anonymous said...

How funny to wait so long to check in and then comment right after my sis.
The kids are growing up so much. Ella has changed quite a bit and the baby is not as much a baby anymore! They are beautiful, of course, and you seem to be handling three with energy and grace.

I am hoping to rejoin the blog world soon, but 'til then it's nice to check in with you. Give Mike my best.