Happy Independence Day! God bless America!
It has been a fun filled week for us and it just keeps going. As Landon said this week...."I think we must just be the fun family". We have been doing lots of kid friendly activities or at least what we would think would be kid friendly. We have had playgroup, Ella's big haircut, trips to the pool, night
out at the baseball game complete with fireworks, a 4th of July neighborhood parade, family cookouts, and to top it all off they are out right now looking at fireworks. Eli and I are hanging at home as it is a bit late for him to be out and although most would think he could sleep through it, he doesn't like to be picked up and transferred during his sleep time. That in itself has caused him only to sleep for 40 minutes today and that's it. So he crashed out at 8:00 with his Nannie strolling him around and then his Pops rocking him.
Last night we tested out taking the kids to a late ballgame thinking that they would enjoy all of it
but I don't think they watched even one play. Instead they were more interested in what kind of snacks everyone had, what activities there were and when would the fireworks start. Eli was closing down a little after 8 but did hold out to make it home by 8:45 for bed. The kids raved about it even though it was probably the most work a baseball game has ever been for Mike and I as spectators. I think we will hold out for a couple more seasons before we try that again.
This morning we went to a friend's neighborhood parade. They blocked off a street and let the
kids decorate their bikes and ride up and down the street as much as they wanted to. Landon and Ella had a blast. I think Landon raced his big wheel about 100 times up and down and when everyone was done and going for refreshments Landon was still at it. Ella had given up and was "sirsty" so we had to talk Landon into stopping for a while, he was not happy about that even though it was 90 degrees and he was sweating like we were in the rainforest. After the first sip of water he was ready to go back out to the road to ride some more. From there we headed back home for a quick change then off to the pool for festivities. The kids enjoyed the water and Ella and Eli were completely worn out by 3:00. I took Ella and Eli home and Ella fell asleep quickly and Eli woke up after we got home and I tried to put dry clothes on him. He decided the 15 minutes was plenty of rest for him so he stayed up and amused us with all of his attempts at crawling. At 5:00 lots of family came by and we cooked out and played until it was time for fireworks.
I think by next post I will have a little boy with 2 teeth. They are so close to popping through
that I just can't stand it. He isn't miserable but he is putting everything in his mouth. Soon enough he is going to be eating everything, he will be mobile and he is already so big that I can't say that I have a baby baby any longer. It makes me a bit sad even though I am thrilled at how well he is growing, I will miss the wee baby stage. I am not saying that I would venture into babyhood again but there is something about holding a little tiny baby sleeping in your arms that takes away all the craziness around you and makes everything peaceful even if for just a moment. OK enough of the sappiness.
To close for the day, I just want to say that I know my posts are a bit random, but now you have a small window into my mind and how it works or better yet - how it doesn't work:-)
1 comment:
Love Ella's new do! So cute but it breaks my heart a little bit, she is growing up so fast. Love the pictures and give everyone my love.
Beverly
Post a Comment