Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, July 13, 2008

We have had a fun week since my last post. After the 4th we headed to my nephew's birthday party before heading to VA for the night. The kids had a blast as usual and then Sunday the had even more fun. We met Delane, Amy, Jackson and Ben for a day at the river. The kids had a blast. Landon stayed in the water almost all day. Ella preferred to be in the water or should I say "above the water" in her Daddy's arms. Eli liked putting his feet in but it was a bit too cold for me let him stay in it. Mike got in on some of the action by taking a ride in Delane's kayak. I think the most amusing part must have been the pre-show in the kayak "skirt" and then Delane pushing him down the hill for the ride. Mike seemed very comfortable with the whole thing and didn't even tip over. We loved hanging out with our friends and wish we could do that more often. I would say that it was nice to enjoy some roasted marshmallows too.

The week has also been big for Eli's milestones. He cut his first two teeth; one on Sunday, July 6th and the other on Monday, July 7th. He kept biting on his tongue and lips since then. I think he is trying to figure out what these foreign bumpy things are in there. He is using them more and more for eating cheerios. He also started saying "ma ma ma ma" which has been a long time coming but it makes my heart fly. He mainly says it when he is mad but I will take it whenever! Just last week he also started cruising the furniture. He takes it really slowly but he is getting around. He is still really trying to crawl but prefers to stand and try to get around that way. AND then tonight he started waving. It is the cutest thing and if I can work it out I will have the video on here to show you. The interaction thrills Landon and Ella as they are always trying to make him laugh and get him to go places.

Last week we didn't go to the pool any due to the rain. It was much needed so we filled our time with playdates, a trip to the science museum, the library, and time at home. With all of this fun - the summer is passing by too quickly. In only month and a half we will be back to school and a schedule packed with places to be. I hope each of you are enjoying your summer and making the most of it.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had fun playing with you guys too. And I love the video. Eli is just the cutest.
I'm still disappointed that Mike did so well in the kayak though. It would have been a lot more fun if he had just cooperated and flipped over.