Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I hope everyone had a happy father's day last weekend. I have to say that my kids have such a wonderful father and they truly can't wait to see him everyday when he arrives home from work. They love to tackle, climb on, tickle, play video games with, read books with, sing songs with and just talk with their dad. Thanks for being such a good Dad Mike! Due to a busy schedule and an alarm clock that didn't go off we rushed through the beginning of the day so no breakfast or even coffee made for dad. We celebrated with presents in the van on the way to Stuart and a lunch out with friends at a restaurant that was second choice because the first choice was much too busy. Later in the day we visited with Nannie and Pops. I sadly don't have any pictures of Mike with the kids that day but will get one from some friends who took one while we were out to eat.

The week has been good with some cooler temps, fun time at the playground and with Nannie. Today the kids were playing outside in the nice weather and I heard Ella start to cry. This (picture) is what I found, and when I questioned them Landon fully admitted to putting dirt ALL over Ella but didn't seem to see what the problem with that was. I took about 20 wipes to them both and then just put Ella straight into the bathtub. Landon had a timeout and then helped to clean the tub as there was enough dirt in there to plant some pumpkins. I am still trying to understand why Landon would dump dirt on his sister in the amount that he did. Even larger is my lack of understanding of why Ella would sit there and let him dump dirt on her. When I asked him why he did it he said that Ella tried to put some dirt on him and with investigation he couldn't say that she actually put any dirt on him but that she was "going to". I guess kids will just be kids and I am sure my brother and I did some things just as crazy.

Here's to more craziness each day! Hoping for a little less dirt though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the kids. That one of poor Ella covered in mud is a riot.

Glad to hear you all are well, the kids seem to be growing like weeds!! Take care and tell the family hello.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure sweet Ella will find a way to get even haha. Glad everyone is doing well. Happy belated father's day Mike!