Friday, June 13, 2008Well what Landon thought was a bad surprise tonight ended up being a lot of fun. We made our way to their first Ringling Brothers circus. Landon has only been to one little traveling circus deal and they had one clown, however, he couldn't stand it. He was very fearful tonight that he wouldn't like the clowns but luckily the clowns weren't the regular full face painted kind and he
actually liked them. Ella and Eli had a blast seeing all of the lights and "bigness" of everything. Ella's favorite was the two men that ran around in the circles. It has been many years since I had been to the circus but it brought back many memories of trips to Ringling Brothers and the delight of all of the activity, lights and fancy costumes. I have definitely come to an appreciation of my grandmother always packing candy and popcorn in her purse and trying to keep me from asking to buy something there. After just eating dinner Landon seemed to be starving for popcorn as they paraded the isles with toys, cotton candy, lemonade and popcorn. He couldn't understand why it wasn't a great idea to buy a bag of popcorn for $6.00 instead of eating the fun chocolate teddy grahams mom packed. After the show started that desire seemed to fade and he began cheering, standing up hollering, and clapping his hands above his hands. Ella was content to take it all in from her Daddy's lap and Eli preferred to wave his arms and squeal really really loud in delight. Guess we will be planning more trips to the circus as they come to town. 
actually liked them. Ella and Eli had a blast seeing all of the lights and "bigness" of everything. Ella's favorite was the two men that ran around in the circles. It has been many years since I had been to the circus but it brought back many memories of trips to Ringling Brothers and the delight of all of the activity, lights and fancy costumes. I have definitely come to an appreciation of my grandmother always packing candy and popcorn in her purse and trying to keep me from asking to buy something there. After just eating dinner Landon seemed to be starving for popcorn as they paraded the isles with toys, cotton candy, lemonade and popcorn. He couldn't understand why it wasn't a great idea to buy a bag of popcorn for $6.00 instead of eating the fun chocolate teddy grahams mom packed. After the show started that desire seemed to fade and he began cheering, standing up hollering, and clapping his hands above his hands. Ella was content to take it all in from her Daddy's lap and Eli preferred to wave his arms and squeal really really loud in delight. Guess we will be planning more trips to the circus as they come to town. 
Earlier this week we also visited the zoo. Landon remembered the trip last year but Ella didn't. I certainly remembered it as I pushed both of
them around in the heat while I was 5 months pregnant. We only had time to see one side of the zoo but it was plenty to get the kids excited. Landon was just as excited to see fake tracks imprinted into the cement walkways and Ella to bring home the feather of a Canadian goose that visited our picnic along with 20 - 60 others. Favorites that day were the pink flamingos!
them around in the heat while I was 5 months pregnant. We only had time to see one side of the zoo but it was plenty to get the kids excited. Landon was just as excited to see fake tracks imprinted into the cement walkways and Ella to bring home the feather of a Canadian goose that visited our picnic along with 20 - 60 others. Favorites that day were the pink flamingos!Eli was a little under the weather this week with a 24 hour virus
but seems to have perked back up quickly. He is finding more food each day that he can eat without having any teeth and I am a lot more relaxed in trying things than I was with either Landon or Ella. So far if he can express his favorites it would be yogurt and muffins.Pictures tonight are some random shots taken throughout May. With only 2 posts I couldn't fit them all in so I am including them now. Hope to see you soon and don't be surprised if we ask you what your favorite color, food, activity or just about anything is.
No comments:
Post a Comment