Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hey everyone! I can't believe I am doing this again. I wrote a whole post earlier today and it messed up. I was hoping to do better in February for posts but I am still running out of time everyday. This is going to be abreviated due to having to retype it all but just an update on the kids adn will try to post tomorrow on my funny stories.

Eli - he is growing so fast, I think each meal he grows a couple of centimeters. Soon he will outgrow all of his 3 - 6 month clothes and can already wear a few of his 6 - 9 month stuff. He is such a smiley guy and is very interactive. He is starting to grab toys much to Landon and Ella's delight as they have loved to give him toys up until now but he didn't react. Eli is going to be another talker in the family as he just lights up when you bend down to his level and look at him and talk. He tries and tries to talk to you and will also just giggle when you make different noises and faces. For mom, just want you to know his eyes are still blue.

Ella - well she is still the lively girl she has always been. She enjoys getting in Eli's exersaucer often and spins around and around. Some of her favorites these days are dancing to bluegrass, playing puzzles, hide & seek with brother, singing and playing her flute and eating chex mix. The other day as we walked into preschool she told me she was "going to give Max a big big kiss", I hope this isn't turning into one of her favorite things as Daddy could wait for her to kiss, hug, date, or even talk about boys.

Landon - he seems to be growing just as fast as Eli. It's hard to believe that he will soon be 4 and a half years old. He keeps talking about kindergarten and that sends shockwaves for Mike and I as it seems like just the other day we were expecting him and in a quiet house. I love being a parent but it sure is flying by. Funny story for Landon, he has always enjoyed eating eggs and I would always nook one in the microwave for him (they would turn out kind of like the ones you get on a biscuit at a fast food place) and he would gobble them up. A couple of weeks ago he stopped requesting them and when I asked if he wanted one he would say he didn't like them. Then one Saturday morning I asked if he wanted eggs and he said "can you make eggs stuck in the pan?". I was a bit baffled but he then told me "like Aunt Caroline did". Mike and I had to laugh (not at Caroline's cooking) at the thought of the stuff that is still stuck in the pan after you cook the eggs. So needless to say he was letting me know that the eggs I made in the microwave were not his preference any longer. Thanks Caroline :-) It will be one of those things we will always remember and never let him forget.

No comments: