Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's been a while again but I still can't seem to find more time in my days. Someone saw me today dragging 3 kids into the drugstore all on the same stroller and stopped to just say "you don't get bored do you?". Of course the answer is no, I don't get bored, I don't get a ton of sleep or time to myself but I have a ton of fun and lots of laughter. My days are filled with lots of diapers but more smiles and silliness than I could put a pricetag on. I am worn completely out by the end of the day but it is so worth it. Am I sounding sappy?

Eli (Elijah) is now 3 months old. I had to put his whole name there as I often find myself forgetting that Eli is just his nick knack name. He is such a joy and full of smiles. He has started laughing now and it is so cute to sit and talk to him and him get a big coo in or a little laugh. His eyes are still blue for now and I am very happy to let everyone know that he is sleeping 12 hours at night!!!!!!!!!! It is wonderful for me even though I still wake a couple of times out of habit. Just like his older brother he loves to stand, so we got an one of the exersaucers down and let him stand and spin around. No matter how much he stands and jumps and keeps moving he hasn't lost his chubby kissable cheeks......just look at them!!!

Ella is getting to be quite the little boss these days. She doesn't hesitate to tell us what she wants and when she wants it. As for her brothers she is happy to tell them that they will get a time out if they don't behave. Landon sometimes talks like "a baby" to get attention and Ella who sounds like a baby has heard Mike and I ask Landon to not talk like a baby many times. So earlier today as Landon was talking to her the way she talks, she quickly told him "dutter, don't talk wike a baby, you'we not a baby". Wouldn't you know it, he listened to her quicker than he listens to us. I have a feeling that they will get used to her running the show and that she will keep both of her brothers on their toes as they grow up together. Another "Ellaism" as of late is asking to go to the big big circus and to see fireworks. We think it must be from preschool as their theme for the year is "under the big top" but she has just started talking about it. I hear Ringling Brothers is coming near here soon so I have thought about taking her but Landon doesn't like clowns at all so he has no interest in going. Hmmmmm what to do????

As for Landon......he is reading everything these days including my emails. Anything he sees laying around he is trying to read, you should have seen what he was trying to figure out as I was clipping coupons today. Luckily most are related to the super bowl and thankfully he was distracted when I passed by the ex-lax and gas-x coupons. Just like his father he is still hooked on video games. He has learned his odd and even numbers pretty well with his new cars v-smile game but also got hooked on guitar hero last night while his cousin Sam was here. He sat in Sam's lap and pushed the blue guitar button for Sam and we were all amazed at his timing. I am sure I could never play it and Mike says he is still trying to get better at it as well. Landon also has a new favorite game. He was at a friends house and got to play Sorry for the first time and was addicted. He then went to Toys R Us to spend the gift card his Uncle Nathan gave him to buy Sorry, he hasn't stopped playing it since. He likes to tell me I need to practice because I don't win so often but to practice he has to play, funny how that works.

Both Landon and Ella were psyched to see snow two times in the last 2 weeks. Each time there was not enough or it was freezing rain as well and they couldn't play in it but it sure was fun to look at and talk about. Ella woke up and immediately asked to put her boots on so she could play in the snow. So she came down the hall still in her pajamas but with her brothers big red boots. Luckily for me she didn't melt down when we said she couldn't go out like that. We are hoping for a nice big snow with no ice at some point this winter so we can go outside and play in it until I am too cold and have to come in to sit by the fire.

Well I hope each of you are doing well and enjoying your January.

No comments: