Monday, January 7, 2008Welcome to 2008!! I can't believe it is already here. I hope everyone had a fun time ringing in the New Year!! We had dinner with some friends and then made it home to ring it in with some family. I snapped these last shots of the kids right before the ball dropped and they continued to sleep soundly through until the morning.
So far this year we have taken it pretty easy. We have spent lots of time at home playing games, working in the yard, putting puzzles together, napping, organizing, dedecorating, and just having fun. We have had some really cold days and then lately some really nice days allowing us
to get outside and spend time getting dirty. At least that is what Ella and Landon enjoy the most. I enjoy the sunshine and just relaxing or working in the yard but the kids like to "make hot chocolate" in the playhouse. This leads to new outfits and the finger scrub brush as soon as they come in.Eli is still growing so fast. He is not the sleeper that I thought he would be by now but we are still working on it. He did well New Years night and then the last few nights he has been up like a newborn. I haven't been as consistent with him but am trying to backtrack now and see if it will help. He
has really been sucking his thumb lately and I am trying so hard to push the pacifier but he may end up with his thumb. I know it is easier because they can put it in when they want it but it is harder as I can't get rid of it. Oh the parenting issues I worry myself over. I could spend hours up at night thinking of things I do and wonder if I am doing the right thing. Oh, wait, I am up hours at night or so it seems, but most of them I am sitting there wondering when I can get back to sleep instead of thinking of other things. Eli is still very sweet and gives lots of smiles and coos. He loves the bath and will
splash and kick and grin as long as I will let him.
has really been sucking his thumb lately and I am trying so hard to push the pacifier but he may end up with his thumb. I know it is easier because they can put it in when they want it but it is harder as I can't get rid of it. Oh the parenting issues I worry myself over. I could spend hours up at night thinking of things I do and wonder if I am doing the right thing. Oh, wait, I am up hours at night or so it seems, but most of them I am sitting there wondering when I can get back to sleep instead of thinking of other things. Eli is still very sweet and gives lots of smiles and coos. He loves the bath and will
splash and kick and grin as long as I will let him. Landon and Ella are filling their days with playtime and preschool. They are excited to be back to school a couple of days a week to play with their friends. Ella told me after preschool the other day "I miss my fwinds" and seems to enjoy waking up and heading into preschool with her backpack. Landon has started talking about kindergarten, I guess it is one of the topics of the day. He says he can't wait to go but that may change, or maybe it's just me hoping it will change. I can't imagine him being old enough to go already. Landon and Ella are still giving lots of attention to
Eli when it is convenient for them. They are also playing well together and giving lots of attention to each other. The other day we found Ella talking to Landon about her "boo boo" which is her very chapped thumb (from thumb sucking) and she said "look dudder, my boo boo" and Landon sounded very concerned and said "Oh no! Daddy, look, Ella's thumb is CRACKLED". It was so cute, one of those things that they say that you will always remember.
Eli when it is convenient for them. They are also playing well together and giving lots of attention to each other. The other day we found Ella talking to Landon about her "boo boo" which is her very chapped thumb (from thumb sucking) and she said "look dudder, my boo boo" and Landon sounded very concerned and said "Oh no! Daddy, look, Ella's thumb is CRACKLED". It was so cute, one of those things that they say that you will always remember. On a sour note, we watched the Hokies. I stayed up way too late watching and ended up wishing I had gone to bed. We had everyone dressed
in Hokie attire and cheering all day. This picture of Eli was how I felt about football the next day. However, in my house football is a constant with Daddy watching, Landon watching or the two of them playing football physically or playing football on the playstation. I don't know what we are going to do after the Super Bowl. Guess we will move on to basketball but it just won't be the same for me.Happy New Year to you all and I hope your year is filled with blessings and happy memories.
3 comments:
Love the Eli photo. Can't wait to see him this weekend.
The Hokie game was a tough one. Followed soon after by the Steeler loss for me. I guess Mike and Landon still have the Cowboys.
All the pictures are very cute. I especially like the one of Mike and Eli. Jimmy is enjoying football also. His favorite team is the "Patrick Cougars." We went to a few games this year and he had a blast. And yes, the Tech game was a huge stinker. Jimmy wanted to know why I was booing. Just glad he went to bed before I could set a really bad example!
Oh, we got a Playstaion, did we? Was that for Landon or Mike???
Post a Comment