Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas ( a little late) and Happy Birthday Damion!

We had a wonderful Christmas and actually all of December has been busy with fun. Landon and Ella were much more into Christmas this year than before. Even as excited as they were, they did sleep in until almost 9:00 AM on Christmas morning and then waited until breakfast was over before heading off to see what they got. We had a big celebration on Christmas Eve with all of Mike's family and my Mom and Frank as well. Landon was thrilled with a new v-smile game, a traveling v-smile game player, some new uno football cards, a nascar book, a light up moon for his room, card games, computer games etc etc etc..... Ella loved her big kitchen with lots of play food, she has cooked for everyone who has come by. She also liked her story book reader, clothess, slippers, books, pink converse shoes, aquadoodle mat etc etc etc.... Afterwards it looked as if a wrapping paper factory had gone into overload in our house. Eli received lots and lots of goodies as well but didn't mind Ella and Landon opening them and playing with them for him. Mike and I soaked up watching them as we know that each year they will grow, change and each Christmas is very special.

To update you all.......earlier in the month we took a trip to the beach with Gammy. The kids were so excited to see the ocean and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Amazingly it was in the upper 70's and low 80's most of the days we were there. I was obviously doubtful as I packed mainly long pants and long sleeves for all of us. We ended up wearing the same short sleeve shirts several times. For Eli it was the first long distance trip and he did really well on the 5 hour ride but was a little less enthusiastic of not having his normal surroundings. Luckily, I had some help and could catch a couple of naps while down there. I was able to get a little of my shopping done too and finished up on time this year.

Eli has now turned 2 months old and is getting bigger and bigger. He is almost 14 pounds as of last Wednesday and may have already reached that number by now. He has also been sleeping better at night with a couple of nights stretching 7 to 8 hours. That was a Christmas present within itself (however, last night he went back to waking every 3 hours). He is full of smiles and is often trying so hard to talk to us and it comes out in the cutest little noises and coos.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to a New Year of fun and memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your Christmas was just as it should be....wonderful. We had a great holiday as well. I hope to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

So happy to read your posting. I asked Caroline how things were going because I hadn't "heard" from you on your site lately. Enjoy the kids- honest that do grow up too fast. Happy New Year to your family - Beth Mizelle