Wednesday, September 5, 2007HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANDON!!! Landon turned 4 years old today! We have celebrated over many days but today was the actual birthday. Saturday night we went to dinner with several friends at a Japanese Steakhouse where they sang to Landon and gave him icecream with a candle in it. He actually ate half of it which I was surprised after he ate Beave's shrimp, most of Dad's shrimp, and all of my shrimp and asked for more. Then, we had a party on Sunday afternoon and Landon enjoyed lots of attention from family and a cake with Thomas, Bob and Larry (just like his cake from last year by his request). He opened lots of presents and has enjoyed them all. I think Dad and I have played Connect 4 at least 30 times each, Ella has even attempted to play on many occassions but doesn't
have the attention span for games that Landon has. We have also learned Chinese checkers (I have relearned it since it has been so many years) but have yet to break into chess (since I don't know how to play I can't teach him). He has also enjoyed his Thomas scooter and prefers to ride it indoors where he doesn't have to wear a helmet. We waited until Monday to give him his
bike so that he would have a chance for us to help him out even though he didn't need that too much. He is good at riding it on the driveway with his helmet on and of course training wheels. He is so excited and comments at how fast he is, faster than Jimmy Johnson, Kevin "Hargick", and Reid Sorenson.
have the attention span for games that Landon has. We have also learned Chinese checkers (I have relearned it since it has been so many years) but have yet to break into chess (since I don't know how to play I can't teach him). He has also enjoyed his Thomas scooter and prefers to ride it indoors where he doesn't have to wear a helmet. We waited until Monday to give him his
bike so that he would have a chance for us to help him out even though he didn't need that too much. He is good at riding it on the driveway with his helmet on and of course training wheels. He is so excited and comments at how fast he is, faster than Jimmy Johnson, Kevin "Hargick", and Reid Sorenson. Today I woke Landon up to a decorated door and breakfast all together with pancakes, eggs and bacon (his favorite Saturday morning meal). Of course we had to sing again and have a candle. Then off to preschool
where his name was on a birthday poster, he had a birthday crown, a birthday sticker, had cupcakes with sprinkles on it for snack (and got 3 m&m's rather than one), and his class sang to him twice. I think he was so worn out from all of the celebrating that he actually took a real nap today, I was shocked. I hope tomorrow won't be too much of a let down after all of the fun we have been having with his 4th birthday. There was a little crying this morning after Daddy told him he would never ever be 3 again - still don't quite understand why that made him so sad. I cry when I turn older but I have a lot more years on me than he does.
where his name was on a birthday poster, he had a birthday crown, a birthday sticker, had cupcakes with sprinkles on it for snack (and got 3 m&m's rather than one), and his class sang to him twice. I think he was so worn out from all of the celebrating that he actually took a real nap today, I was shocked. I hope tomorrow won't be too much of a let down after all of the fun we have been having with his 4th birthday. There was a little crying this morning after Daddy told him he would never ever be 3 again - still don't quite understand why that made him so sad. I cry when I turn older but I have a lot more years on me than he does. I will post another time on all the updates over the last couple of weeks.
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANDON!
That's what I'm talking about baby!
Celebrate all you can.
Your excessive Connect $ playing had me laughing, because Kate LOVES that game. Thankfully she doesn't have a clue about the strategy, she just likes the annoying crash of letting all the pieces go.
Birthday boy is a shrimp eater, isn't he? Happy 4th b.day!
I used to cry when I had my brithdays, because I was going to miss that year.
Post a Comment