Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I can't believe February is coming to a close!!!  Some days this year have seemed like a long ones with sickness, travel, weather, and change but looking back it all seems like a blur.  The last week has brought warmer temperatures and a bit better sleep (thanks for praying!).  The kids have enjoyed the trampoline, the zipline, the slackline, and bikes.  Emmy has enjoyed watching all of these activities and participating how and when she could.  We had our first whole family outing last Saturday with a trip to Sciworks which was loved by all.  It was an amazing feeling for me to get out and see all of us playing together and thinking how God has put our family together over the years.

This morning Eli said, "Mom, I really like having Emmy Ya Ya here".  When Landon and I mentioned to him that she will always be "here" because she is your sister and will always be your sister he had this tinge of surprise in his voice.  I have been trying to hard to think about all of the new she is encountering and trying to take but I know that they are experiencing so much too.  They seem to be adjusting so well and I am trying to make an effort to spend some quality time with each of them but I need to try to think about how they are processing all of this.  It is so fun to see them all engaged with each other and each day is more fun.  Last night Ella was pulling Emmy around on a blanket on the hard wood floors (no - this isn't my method for cleaning the floors but looked like fun) and Emmy was laughing so hard.  After they were done Emmy tried to give Ella a ride too.

On the medical side, Emmy had an ultrasound yesterday of her kidneys and bladder to look to see if there is any nerve damage or any visible issue with her kidney and bladder from the spina bifida.  She did AMAZING during the ultrasound.  I knew it wouldn't be painful but wasn't sure what she would think of a darker room and having to lay on a table and have a warm jelly like substance put on her.  She didn't make the first whimper and everything checked out great.  There were zero concerns from the pediatrician at this point.  We will still wait to meet with the neurologist in March but were very happy to have that information.

Here are some pictures from our last week.  Hope you all are doing well!  Still don't have that picture of all 4 to apply to our banner on the blog but hope to soon.


No comments: