Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday, June 22, 2009

Hello all...

Just a quick update and a few recent pics...


Ella's had her best day since the beginning of this almost 3 week GI dilemma, but she's still got ways to go. We are asking for your prayers as she has really had a go of it... If her stomach isn't hurting, then she is so very sad that she can't have her favorite foods that we know will make her sick. This is the toughest part of being a parent. I thought the hardest part would be when they didn't act right, turns out that its when they don't feel right. She's lost so much weight considering she didn't have an extra pound on her to begin with. Brooke mentioned it to me a week ago, but it never really hit home until I saw her little shorts on with the elastic not even stretched and still falling down. Then I saw this picture from last night... I know that she'll bounce back and thanks for all the kind words and prayers from all of our friends and family.



Eli is growing in more ways than one... besides physically. His personality has really blossomed and this kid is a comedian. He is constantly doing things to make people laugh. Whether he is holding a fork in his mouth sideways, or holding hands on his cheeks yelling for his brother (who is 3 feet away) "Laaaaaddiiiinnn" and then laughing and repeating this process to everyone in the room..getting his laughs every time...it never gets old. The picture of him is from a cookout at our friends house. In front of all of us, he'd throw the bag on the board and go "oooooohhhhhhh!!!" imitating the adults who had just finished playing. This routine was repeated many times always ending with his signature "Big Cheesy Grin"...



Landon is also cracking us up with his ability to make up jokes and act funny. He can make wisecracks that I wasn't smart enough to understand 'til I was 12... He really enjoys playing with friends and running around until his face is rosy red and his hair is all wet. He plays hard and sleeps hard... unlimited energy... We are also very proud of his progress in Taekwando... He's passed every belt test he's taken and is now a Sr. Orange belt. As a Dad I'm most proud of the way he respects his instructor and enthusiastically says "Yes Sir" when a request is made, and then tries his very hardest. (I am glad that I seem care much less about results than I do about effort... I hope for my kids sake it stays that way ...) This pic of him was taken tonight while we were playing around before bed.

Didn't really feel like trying to be cute or funny with this post...just a little bummed and weary of Ella's struggles... with any luck, she's turned the corner today given she's had four pieces of corn bread that Brooke (you're the best Mom!) made for her by special request yesterday... Her stomach only hurt a little bit and only for a brief time today, and she is sleeping well...so far, so good!

Brooke and I are doing well, and we are looking forward to a fun summer full of BBQ's, swimming pools, family, friends, and healthy kids. (and maybe a few rounds of golf..right honey?)

Good Night and God Bless you all...

- Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids look so big, I can't believe it. I regularly read your blog, and see pictures of them quite often, but today's post just struck me. They are growing so very fast! Great to see those sweet faces. I hope Miss Ella starts feeling better soon!

Uncle Barry said...

Glad to hear Ella's feeling some better and missed seeing everyone this past weekend. Love you guys. Cathy lee and I can't wait to see you all very soon!