Wednesday, June 03, 2009

LITTLE ONES ... LITTLE BUGS

Brooke and I are learning the hard way that little kids get sick a lot... Random virus here, a headcold there ... It was Eli last week with a fever virus ... This week it was poor little Ella. She's feeling better from a stuffy nose cold fever thing, but Brooke seems to have caught it. So far the rest of us have dry noses and a regular sleep pattern, but Brooke packed it in early (like 7:30)...

I haven't posted in a while so I don't know if I'll get this up on the web... in case I do I'll strike a happy medium over my fear of wasting my time (in case the post doesn't work) and the opportunity to update the blog with a quiet house. I have developed a radical compromise...type a post but use Bullet points ! It's perfect! It's how my mind works anyway... I'm so A-D-D I think in sentence fragments anyway, so here it goes...
  • Having shoulder surgery next Tues.. nothing major. jacked up labrum, whatever that is. hurts when I serve or throw overhanded.. been living with it for 20 years.. technology has caught up so they don't have to fillet me to fix... my only fear is being drugged to unconsciousness, since I'm a control freak. If you are really bored you can learn all about it. http://orthopedics.about.com/od/shoulderelbow/a/labrum.htm
  • Work is cRaZy with all the bank mergers and wild stock market. can't figure it out. seem to have a lot of company. especially with all those "trained" economists. They don't know jack, but I'll give points for baseless confidence. I'll end it with that...too frustrating to expand on my views. keeping the rest those bullet points in my head.. (not bullets in my head) bullet points... If you knew you'd thank me..trust me. For a good book on the topic... Nassim Taleb wrote a head-scratcher called the "Black Swan". awesome book
  • Really seeing why non-christians are turned off by "Christians". A lot of hypocrites (including me, I'm sure). Tim Keller's new book "Reason for God" is a game-changer in terms of perspective. But feeling good about my walk. starting to see the difference between joy and happiness. God is good all the time. Starting to get it how people can rejoice in suffering... selfishly still hoping to delay trying it out through any suffering of my own though.
  • Winston Churchill was nothing near a saint, but one of the most amazing men to ever walk ther earth. Amazing story from childhood through WWII and beyond. If you finish researching my shoulder woes. spend some time reading about him.
  • I love my wife and children more than my own life... and its not even close... Nothing better than having something you value more than yourself. Now if I could find a way to love my enemies more than myself I'd just float on up... but alas...
  • Sidebar expansion of thought - Sorry enemies - BUT it'd be much easier on both of us if you'd just stop doing what you are doing that makes our relationship adversarial (e.g. beheadings, murder, rape, promoting tyranny, not leaving enough coffee in the pot at work to fill an entire cup, etc...) Just promise to think about it ...Ok?
  • Ok I just looked back and this thing better post or I'm gonna get ticked
  • Finished Mark Levin's new book last week "Liberty and Tyranny". Not suggesting it for my friends who are hopelessly liberal... (you know I love you, and you know who you are) It would just frustrate you with all this nonsense about limited government, the constitution, intended scope and reach of government, etc... Conversely, if you are otherwise something less than hopelessly committed... you'll enjoy understanding at least what the people who wrote the constitution were trying to do. (But that's ancient history...as power concentrates it never"un-concentrates" on its own....sigh... )
  • Just reread the post again ... I'm a weirdo... might be better if it doesn't post.
  • Watching Indiana Jones Crystal Skull out of the corner (can't spell "peripheral" so I used the word "corner". Uh oh, What if spell check catches "peripheral"? ) of my left eye - Man! is Harrison looking old! Still much better looking than me and he's got Calista Flockhart and millions... (think I'd rather just have the millions... I'm sure I'd rather have Brooke...I'd actually rather have Brooke and his millions... But rather have Brooke than all the millions...wink, wink, honey, unless of course I could have both Brooke and the millons)

If I am successful posting this, you all will be praying fervently for Brooke to return to good health so she'll post next time. See! this was not all for 'naught, unless I can't get it to post and then it would be for 'naught. But you won't even know if I don't get it to post.... so no harm no foul. The real question is did I waste my time, or our time? I guess we'll find out in 3....2....1......

Now just a side from me - Brooke - I am up starting at 11:00 and feeling fine. I think I was just exhausted from the weekend and it caught up with me. Now my night will be totally messed up but it was nice to get to sleep for a while. No runny nose here thank goodness. Plus I caught the last of Harrison Ford and lucky me - I have Mikey!!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Can't sleep with a lot on my mind and I get to talk to Mike (sort of!) Always good for a smile. And, by golly, I love your serious side also. Glad you got this to post. Hope your girls are feeling better soon and that the boys stay well. And...I'm sure you'll be throwing like Dan Marino in no time.