A day spent at home after getting some snow yesterday evening. It was a lot of fun for the kids to get to go outside and experience the snow actually falling and sticking. The other dusting of snow we had this year happened overnight so they couldn't see it falling and it quickly melted away. We immediately got our coats on and went outside for playtime. Ella kept saying, "make
sure the snow doesn't melt before I get out there". I guess that speaks to how often and how long snow stays around here. Today it has been super cold but with the sun out most of our backyard is now clear with the exception of the ice and snow on the patio and in the shady spots. The kids went out first thing this morning to play some more but with the temperature at 18 and being windy it didn't last long before Ella was back in "freezing" and Landon decided he wasn't cold but that he didn't want to play by himself. As for me it was so wonderful last night to see the snow fall and to see it in all of the trees as I drove to a meeting. It always seems so very peaceful and pure and just makes me smile. It also reminds me of times growing up where we would spend the whole day outside walking through the snowy woods, sledding, playing with the dogs, and just being cold and snowy. I am no where near as prepared as my mother was (since we don't get much snow). I only had one pair of mittens for Ella, none for Landon and had boys snowshoes as hand-me-downs for Ella and Landon. Eli wore his tennis shoes and all the kids wore jeans. One day I may invest in snow clothes but I will wait to see what Al Gore says on the global warming trend before my purchase.

On Monday night there had been some type of rain or something that they believed had frozen so there was a two hour delay that morning. With the kids inside and the rodes inside we decided to take a field trip to the science museum. We met up with some friends and had a blast. I got a great picture of the toddlers enjoying the floor keyboard. They loved making sounds with their feet. I think they love most anything that they can make noise with.
On Monday night there had been some type of rain or something that they believed had frozen so there was a two hour delay that morning. With the kids inside and the rodes inside we decided to take a field trip to the science museum. We met up with some friends and had a blast. I got a great picture of the toddlers enjoying the floor keyboard. They loved making sounds with their feet. I think they love most anything that they can make noise with.
And now after a week I finally get the post out to you all.
2 comments:
Tell Mr. Gore to head up to West Virginia and look at the Greenbrier River. It was frozen solid in many places. It looked like the Artic Sea.
Happy Birthday Brookie!!
Post a Comment