
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Another couple of busy weeks for us all. Even though it is cold outside we tend to find plenty of things to keep us busy in and out of the house. Mike and I had fun celebrating a friends 40th birthday which gave me some good ideas for Mike's upcoming 40th this year. Then all of us enjoyed a 5th birthday for another friend. We also had dinner club at our house which may I say that I am delighted that it is still going after 8 years. Eli really enjoyed dinner club as he got to play on the table and eat cookies. You can definitely tell he is a 3rd child as our first two would never get to play on the table. He has lots of shoes to fill and he's already trying as you can see from the photo. Just like his family's shoes he is also trying to talk as much as they do. If you can see from this video he has his own little language and talks a lot!
As for school, Ella is back into gear with preschool. All of us have taken a couple of field trips lately to visit a homeschool co-op and also to a nature center. The kids loved both. The co-op was lots of fun and a bit overwhelming for me. I was astounded by all that they did in 3 hours. Both kids just jumped right on in and didn't miss a beat. The nature center was lots of fun for all 3 to run around. They weren't quite old enough to really get into some of the facts on rocks and minerals but they did love the kids area where they were able to play in the water and manipulate the flow by placing obstacles in the way and then sending the boat down. Eli just loved getting to run around without me stopping him every 2 seconds.
Landon is getting ready to test for his yellow belt in taekwando and Ella is practicing her kicks and punches but isn't quite old enough to join the class. I really don't know how to pick between all of the possible activities we want to do........tee ball, dance, taekwando, piano, boy/girl scouts, swim lessons, etc..etc..etc... I know I only want to do one at a time but is that one per child or one per season or what???
Overall life is good and we are having a blast. I am already looking forward to the spring and warmer weather but also enjoyed the 1/4 of an inch of snow we received last week. The kids were excited to see the snow but Ella quickly figured out that she couldn't make a snow angel in that little bit of snow so the idea of playing in the snow quickly turned into it sure is pretty to look at it from inside. Hope you all are staying toasty warm!
2 comments:
I loved Eli's story! I can't wait to talk to him on the phone about it.
Sweet sweet video! I have been thinking about the activities question myself. How much is too much? I know with three you have to be practical about your time as well.
Post a Comment