Tuesday, November 27, 2007


Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Time is flying by and I haven't posted in what seems forever. I have quickly come to learn that I can't get anything done any longer and that the 3 hours that Landon and Ella are in preschool seems like 15 minutes. Anyway, I haven't even taken as many pictures as I would like as I often forget my camera when I am trying to pack us all up and get us out of the door on time.

Landon and Ella continue to be very attentive towards Eli and will help with some small tasks. However, it does always seem that there is some type of crisis when I am feeding or in the middle of changing Eli. I guess that is just murphy's law anyway. Eli doesn't seem to mind the attention from them or anyone else for that matter. A friend has let me borrow a stroller that I can "almost" fit all three in at one time which is a life saver. I can definitely fit two of them in and one can help push or just hold onto the side while I push which makes for easier trips across parking lots.

Eli is growing really fast and seems to already be on the verge of entering into his 3 - 6 month clothes and he isn't even 2 months yet. He eats well and I haven't had him weighed to know exactly where he is but my back feels like he could be close to 13 pounds. He is sleeping pretty good only getting up once on most nights but I am still exhausted for some reason. Most nights he will eat and then stay up for an hour or two before falling asleep for 4 hours before eating again. I am very excited that my sister-in-law is coming over tonight to see if Eli will take a bottle. If so this will allow for others to feed him on occassion and maybe for me to get a little more sleep a night or two a week.

As for the last few weeks, we have traveled a couple of times to VA with one overnight trip (our first since Eli was born). We celebrated my brother's return back to the US after a deployment to Kosovo. We also celebrated his birthday and Frank's birthday, another year older and another year wiser (that's the nice thing to say right?). We have been back to church and Bible study, some of the hardest mornings to get us all going at the right time. Mike has even kept all 3 kids by himself so I could go out to dinner with girlfriends, that was such a weird feeling but it was so nice to catch up. I am looking forward to many more fun events in December as Christmas approaches and I hope that I am able to post more often!


Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks with my favorite of Eli's smile!!!!

3 comments:

The Turmanators said...

Oh, he is such a little cutie!

My favorite part of this post is the comment "but I am still exhausted for some reason". Of course you are!! I'm amazed that you can even get dressed and out the door.

What a lovely family. Congratulations again.

Anonymous said...

Eli is beautiful and I am glad that your brother is back in the US. I know you have your hands full....I don't know how you moms get it all done! But they are all 3 precious.

Unknown said...

What a sweet smile! Looks like Eli will be able to hold his own against his gorgeous siblings. I'm sorry you are still so tired. The bounce back time might take a little longer with three but I'm sure you're on your way. I'm exhausted taking care of one so I know I would be a zombie with three! Hope the holidays are wonderful!