I hope everyone had a festive week. We had our fill of candy, costumes and pumpkins at our house. Ella finally had a costume she wanted to wear and not only did she want to wear it on Halloween she also wanted to wear it every morning and evening. We have yet to put it
away because she still asks for it often. We went to several events including a party last Friday, a visit to the pumpkin farm that didn't have any more pumpkins to buy, trunk or treat at a nearby church, fall festival at our church and trick or treating at brother and sister-in-law's neighborhood. The kids have enough candy to last for several months (I hope) and only asked to eat one or two pieces that night. Ella does enjoy carrying her candy around and removing it from the bag and putting it back in over and over again. Landon also won some chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing in the cake walk and decided he liked the cake part too. 
Another attachment for Ella has been her small pumpkin that we got at the grocery store several weeks ago. She started carrying it with her in the car, giving it hugs and kisses and ultimately carrying it to bed with her each afternoon and evening. As you
can see in the picture she was quite fascinated with her pumpkin. Of course as pumpkins normally do, it started to rot and get very very soft. Nannie was a life saver and went out and bought some very similar looking pumpkins and switched it out in the early morning. Ella didn't seem to notice the change but has lost her strong
affection for it over the last day or two.
Eli is doing well and getting used to all of the noise around our house. It hasn't failed that when things get quiet at night and the kids are in bed that Eli wakes up for a couple of hours to enjoy the limited noise and the attention of mom and dad. Landon and Ella are
still continuing to give lots of kisses and right at this moment Ella is singing the infamous SNL "broccoli" song to him. It's hard to believe that he is 2 weeks old already but at the same time my short nights lets me also feel like it has been longer at certain times. I am feeling pretty good and actually made it out to the fall festival and to see the kids trick or treat a little. I am getting a little more mobile every day, a big thanks to my mom and Gammy for helping so much over the last 2 weeks as I couldn't have done it without them.
I hope you are all doing well and that you enjoy some of the pictures from our recent activities.
2 comments:
The kids look so great! Super cute little outfit for Eli. I am lovin' the 6 pack on Landon's costume, too funny & Ella is the sweetest little Care Bear!
Glad to hear things are going well for you guy's.
Cathy and Barry say that Eli is precious. They loved Landon and Ella's Halloween costumes - said they were adorable. Well, I guess Spider Man isn't exactly adorable, but Landon is for sure.
I hope you, Brooke and Mike, are getting a few winks of sleep each night - and that the winks increase in number nightly.
I look forward to meeting Eli.
Carol Callahan
Post a Comment