
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
So I just published the post from last Wednesday even though I am unable to get pictures to post at all. I don't know what is going on but I do know that you all don't enjoy posts without pictures so I am going to keep on trying.
We had a very busy weekend with activities one right after the other. Our dear friends lost their mother to cancer within a very short time and our hearts go out to the whole family. We were able to play tag team to each get to visit with them. In celebration we visited our friend Lillie (who is fighting to beat this terrible cancer) to celebrate her 3rd birthday. She had a fun party with a petting zoo. Landon and Ella had a blast petting, feeding and looking at all of the animals before venturing back to the playground and sandbox and eating some princess cake. Later we headed to meet Nannie and Pops for them to take Landon and Ella while we went to a shower for Mike's brother Barry and his fiance Cathy. It was a lot of fun and we look forward to having a blast at the wedding. I spent the next couple of days at Nannie's house where the kids had a delightful time blowing bubbles, playing playdoh, riding the tricycle even in the rain and playing in all of Pops clothes that he so neatly organizes and folds. The kids were sad to leave but it was a good thing to get home to see Daddy and head back to preschool. Today Ella woke up with a stomach virus and had a rough morning but seems to be perking up this afternoon after being able to keep a couple of sips of ginger ale down. Hopefully it isn't anything that will spread to everyone else but we will have to wait and see on that one.
On another note, it's about time I tell everyone just why I have been so lazy in updating the blog. Back several weeks ago, more like a month and a half ago we found out that we are expecting our 3rd child. It was quite a surprise but a nice one. The thing that clued us that something was going on was that I was so amazingly tired each day just having to take a nap when the kids did and then going to bed at 9:00 PM. We are excited about the baby on the way and a bit overwhelmed as we realize we will be outnumbered 3 to 2 but think Landon will work on our side when needed. Now that I am past the first trimester I am eager to get back into the swing of things. I feel energized most days and am thankful for no morning sickness.
I would just like to close stating that it has been a hard start to the week for not just me but for all of my fellow Hokies as the world learns about the horrific crimes committed to undeserving kids and staff at Virginia Tech. My heart and prayers go out to all of the families and although I know with time we will get past this (not forget) it seems right now it just won't leave my mind. I have been glued to the reports whenever I get a chance.
So I just published the post from last Wednesday even though I am unable to get pictures to post at all. I don't know what is going on but I do know that you all don't enjoy posts without pictures so I am going to keep on trying.
We had a very busy weekend with activities one right after the other. Our dear friends lost their mother to cancer within a very short time and our hearts go out to the whole family. We were able to play tag team to each get to visit with them. In celebration we visited our friend Lillie (who is fighting to beat this terrible cancer) to celebrate her 3rd birthday. She had a fun party with a petting zoo. Landon and Ella had a blast petting, feeding and looking at all of the animals before venturing back to the playground and sandbox and eating some princess cake. Later we headed to meet Nannie and Pops for them to take Landon and Ella while we went to a shower for Mike's brother Barry and his fiance Cathy. It was a lot of fun and we look forward to having a blast at the wedding. I spent the next couple of days at Nannie's house where the kids had a delightful time blowing bubbles, playing playdoh, riding the tricycle even in the rain and playing in all of Pops clothes that he so neatly organizes and folds. The kids were sad to leave but it was a good thing to get home to see Daddy and head back to preschool. Today Ella woke up with a stomach virus and had a rough morning but seems to be perking up this afternoon after being able to keep a couple of sips of ginger ale down. Hopefully it isn't anything that will spread to everyone else but we will have to wait and see on that one.
On another note, it's about time I tell everyone just why I have been so lazy in updating the blog. Back several weeks ago, more like a month and a half ago we found out that we are expecting our 3rd child. It was quite a surprise but a nice one. The thing that clued us that something was going on was that I was so amazingly tired each day just having to take a nap when the kids did and then going to bed at 9:00 PM. We are excited about the baby on the way and a bit overwhelmed as we realize we will be outnumbered 3 to 2 but think Landon will work on our side when needed. Now that I am past the first trimester I am eager to get back into the swing of things. I feel energized most days and am thankful for no morning sickness.
I would just like to close stating that it has been a hard start to the week for not just me but for all of my fellow Hokies as the world learns about the horrific crimes committed to undeserving kids and staff at Virginia Tech. My heart and prayers go out to all of the families and although I know with time we will get past this (not forget) it seems right now it just won't leave my mind. I have been glued to the reports whenever I get a chance.
3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm thrilled for you. No wonder you haven't been posting much. Can't wait to follow your pregnancy on-line. You will have to get Mike to take profile shots of you each month.
I've been so sad for my Hokie friends. As our community college sign reads, "we are all Hokies in our hearts this week".
I'm happy to publicly say "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" 3 to 2 just means you and Mike will have to drop the man on man and go to zone coverage.
Congratulations to you both! How exciting!!!!!!
Post a Comment