Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLI!

It has been a good week for us. Last weekend we were surprised when Daddy was home on Friday and that meant we got to go to the Easter Egg Hunt at the Children's Museum. I don't think I could have handled it without him as the kids were really excited. They each found plenty of eggs and got a prize when they turned them in. From there they decided they wanted to stay and play a bit longer so we stayed until we couldn't take it any more. Ella was disappointed in having to leave but I was ready to get out of there. Later in the day we traveled to see Gammy and spent the night with her. We visited friends all of whom we had not seen in some time. Landon was most excited to have lunch with Stan, Shannon, Brook and Dallas and then venture over to their cabin to throw a couple of rocks in the pond. Later we headed back to a friends house on the way home for a BBQ party and boy was that yummy. It was great to see everyone and Landon was thrilled when he saw that Danny had brought him some sprinkled doughnuts. Don't worry, Ella wasn't left out as he brought a bag of green and a bag of red grapes for Ella to chow down on. She probably ate 40 - 50 grapes and a few goldfish so she was very happy.

Sunday was a special day as it was Easter. We were able to go to church and to talk to Landon about why Easter is so special. After church we went to Chuck and Caroline's for lunch and spent the afternoon playing around and even getting a haircut for Landon and for Ella. Caroline has quite the setup and the kids did well. For Ella we just cut her bangs but she sat still as long as I fed her Smarties the whole time and Landon just doesn't like the feeling of hair on his face. So one person would blow the hair off of his face and I would give him Smarties while Caroline trimmed him into a handsome young boy. I think we will make a monthly occasion for this since it worked so well.

This week has been filled with the fun of a trip to Chick-fil-A, preschool again for Landon (boy was I glad that was back in session), and lunch with Kelli for her birthday. Mike also completed our taxes which is a load off of both of us - it is one of those things where we always seem to procrastinate but it is such a good feeling to have it done. I am just thankful for no more paper returns and waiting at the post office. I hope you have each had a great week and that it continues to get even better.

No comments: