Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's the simple things! What a blessing it is to just sometimes sit back and enjoy the simple laughter of children. Tonight Mike is out with some friends and after changing a stinky diaper I just laid on the floor and watched Eli waddle away to the hallway in his onesie. (Did I mention he was carrying his fingernail clippers?). Once in the hallway he sat in the middle as an obstacle in Landon and Ella's slide the two leggos down the hall game. They laughed and laughed simply at sliding a small lego towards each other that usually was stopped by Eli. Ella was only wearing a shirt (she left the rest in the bathroom after her visit) and none of them had a care in the world. They were all just happy, playing well together and laughing a lot. I thank God for moments like that and realize that they are going to be heading to college before I know it.

Outside of that, we celebrated Pops birthday on Sunday and Uncle Nathan's birthday too! (Uncle Nathan's birthday is tomorrow). Also, here's a shout out to cousin Jennifer whose birthday is today! Landon and Ella enjoyed making the birthday cake but they didn't understand why the party was small and why there wasn't a lot of presents to open. In fact, Landon's direct comment was "there weren't a lot of people at Pops birthday". He is insistent that whenever it is someones birthday that there is a party no matter what age they are and that we should go to their party. Beave - I guess that would mean we need to come to Boston later this week but I haven't gotten our plane ticket! Anyway - they enjoyed making birthday presents for Pops and Uncle Nathan and always delight in making a card!

As for Eli - he has really taken off walking today! He has walked everyday but more so out of me trying to bribe him across the room with a snack or a hand right in front of him. However, today he just took off - walking down the hall to Ella, walking through the kitchen to me, walking the entire basement to play trains at each end. It was a lot of fun to watch and I just can't get over how fast he is growing.
Thanks be to God for the simple things and for the laughter and joy of children!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please come to Boston (like the song says). I think that would make for an excellent birthday gift! Otherwise I am going to resort to convincing Landon that he needs to see all of the state capitals starting with Boston.

Anonymous said...

I like the way Beverly thinks! I talked with Ella Sue at our meeting tonight. It was really nice to see her. She told me you guys have big plans this weekend and she's looking forward to it. Have fun! And of course the babes are adorable. Amazing how one little giggle can make a bad day ok again.