Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy 1st birthday to my baby Eli!!!

Eli turned one on Sunday. He had a fun birthday and each day I am amazed at how fast he is growing. Today he took 10 steps by himself as he was holding onto a clipboard. As soon as I got my camera he let go of the clipboard and wouldn't take another step. I tried to recreate the same situation and could never get him to do it. He could walk so well if he didn't really think about it and freak out at the thought of not having hands to hold on to. However, I will enjoy these days where he can't get as easily hurt by crawling instead of walking.

For his birthday we got him a wagon. He loves to ride in it with Ella and we have taken rides a couple of days this week. I think he enjoys the freedom of being able to see everything and reach his sister. Today they held leaves and Ella sang while Eli dance in his seat. It increases my exercise too pulling the two up some hills. It also happens to entertain them all as they can pull each other while I sit back and watch. I still can't believe we didn't have a wagon before now with the other 20 riding toys we have.

We had a small family party on Sunday with some hamburgers, hotdogs and of course some cake. Eli tried his first hotdog and he enjoyed them for the most part. The cake and ice cream was by far his favorite even though he wouldn't dig in as I had hoped. Instead he stuck his thumb into the cake several times and then waited (while squealing) until someone would feed him with a spoon. The funniest was that our friends Ken and Tonya brought this very cute shirt that said on the back "I think it's been a good year.....but I don't have anything to compare it to" and then his bib said "Frank (meaning Pops) Put that cake down! This is my first and it looks like you have had plenty!". I think Pops got a real kick out of it even though he did blame it on Mike.
Landon and Ella seemed to enjoy Eli's birthday a lot. They both helped make the cake, enjoyed the decorations in the house, had fun singing happy birthday, were excited about having family over, and of course helped Eli open his presents. I have had to remind them that the presents were Eli's and if he would like to play with them then they should let him instead of fighting him for them.

Happy Birthday my little man! We love you Snee!

No comments: