Monday, April 21, 2008


Monday, April 21, 2008

Well pollen season is definitely upon us. We have been feeling the effects in our household for over a week now. Everything is this lovely shade of yellow-green and everyone has coughs, puffy eyes and sinus pressure. Landon has fared the worst with his eyes swelling at the back door opening to people going in and out. If he happens to go outside to play as he loves to do then we end up with eyes so swollen and itchy that we have to keep ice packs on them, use eyedrops and take any and all antihistamines we can find. This week we will be visiting an allergist to hopefully ease some of his discomfort. I have a couple of pictures from before he has felt so bad.

Ella hasn't seemed to feel too bad but has had a couple of days of just being grumpy and whiny. This morning she didn't even want to go to preschool which is really unusual for her. After a bad morning there she came home to play and play with little fussing so the day has gotten better. I have been trying to find things to fill their time that are indoors until Landon goes to the Dr. but my ideas are running out. They are still doing egg hunts and lots of coloring and lately they have taken interest in matchbox cars which are fun for them but tend to hurt my feet as I step on the 40 or so that we found while cleaning out for a yardsale. Speaking of yardsale, we held this a couple of weekends ago with our Sunday School class to raise money for childhood cancer research. Everyone brought lots of stuff and we were successful for a rainy morning. Landon and Ella thought it was great to fill the garage up with toys, clothes, and just stuff from everywhere. They would eagerly wake up from their naps and ask "is there any more yardsale here?" and after finding out that there was they would go out and see all of the stuff and investigate all of the toys. Landon was so excited about a tee ball set and saw that it was $3.00. I told him he could buy it if he had enough money and of course he was sure he had 3 pennies in his piggy bank. I quickly explained that that would be 300 pennies and he was a bit overwhelmed but still the desire didn't fade. On the morning of the yardsale he came out and told Mike that he was going to get some of his money and that Mike would need to get some of his because he needed $300.00 to get what he wanted. I came inside to check on them and Landon was walking down the hall carrying a large ceramic pig to come out and shop for one thing. Ella was right behind him saying "I got muscles" and "I'm gonna help you dudder". It was so sweet but I sent them back to their room to safely put down the piggies and as we came out of the house the tee ball set was walking away with another little boy who was smiling with excitement. I know, I should have set it aside but I thought the light would fade and he wouldn't want it as much. It was melt down city. Luckily there were about 8 or so of their friends here to play while we worked the sale and they all kept him preoccupied and I haven't heard mention of it since.

Eli enjoyed the yardsale but more for the fact that he got to be held a lot by friends. He has also enjoyed visits from Pappy Lee, Uncle Damion and Aunt Kara, Pops and Aunt Beave. Everyone is amazed at how fast he is growing. He turned 6 months just a few days ago and celebrated with rice cereal, apple sauce and squash. He has loved eating food but is even more interested in what everyone else is putting in their mouths. He has started with his wet raspberries again or zurburts as I call them. The best is when he wakes in the middle of the nap and starts making those noises to entertain himself. He is trying to sit up and is reaching for everything. He is constantly chewing on his hands but I am still searching for teeth.

Mike and I are hanging in there. Just trying to recharge our batteries with limited sleep and lots to do. The spring reminds us of all of the fun that we get to have and the difference each month makes in our lives. We are filled with laughs and how could you not be looking at these pictures?

No comments: